Anyone got kona mashup results for 2days races?

Home Forum Bike Forum Anyone got kona mashup results for 2days races?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone got kona mashup results for 2days races?
  • nath86

Anyone got kona mashup results for 2days races?

nickegg

You'll be lucky…for the last two races i've waited days for the results to be posted!

robinbetts

I took pictures of the enduro results, if you want to know any times.

T-Rex

Robin, can you post the pics somewhere on the net? Or can you insert pictures on here? Cheers!

robinbetts

Here are the pictures, sorry they're not very clear, but I think you can make out most of it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41514811@N08/4163495290/sizes/l/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41514811@N08/4162736311/sizes/l/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41514811@N08/4163494664/sizes/l/

As people predicted I think there were some mess ups with the times… they appear to have mixed my times up with some really average rider! 😉

milkherd

Meg beat most of the men!

jeffcalam

Robinbetts Thanks for taking the photos and posting them.
    We weren't able to stick around for the results publishing. I don't suppose you know why the results are labelled as Technical? The times are for the Enduro sections and I entered Enduro and am on there so I assume it is a labelling error. Will be good when there is an electronic version available to perform the full analysis.

boldermansam

Nice one for pictures of results! Thanks Alas wont find myself on there as went to go and ride that last section of July trail to find it shut at 1 really gutted!! To be fair was not impressed at all with the event and thought £35 very expensive! but hay a day on the bike which is what its all about!

T-Rex

Thanks robinbetts!

robinbetts

All of the results sheets where headed Technical Riders even though those three sheets where the Enduro results. I was a bit confused at first, but the other sheets (that I didn't photograph as I did enduro) had different section columns (black run etc).

Bad luck boldermansam, I was lucky and was told my a marshal as I rode out that I should do the July section first as it would be shutting at 1pm.

EDIT: I used the spreadsheet from the summer event to do some preliminary analysis, and I'm hoping that the average times from yesterday will be a bit slower than those (and make my time a bit more respectable)!

There's something wrong with those results.
    Robinbetts' photo shows me (Graham Phillips, 102) about half way down page 2 with a time of 11:11 for Dastardly & Mutley which sounds about right.
    The results on the website show me as winning D&M by over a minute in 6:36 😯

I can't open the overall results or Darkside in OpenOffice either.

Premier Icon steveh
    Subscriber

mash up in results problems shock!

This is the exact reason I didn't do either of this years races having done the first last year. They just can't get the timing to work without problems! I agree that £35 is a lot to pay especially when the results (and timing is really the only thing you pay for here) aren't guaranteed to be right. I wouldn't do it again without some kind of results being correct guarantee.

I've emailed the contact on the results page.

Ultimately, companies sponsor events because they want to be associated with success and increase sales.
    Right now, I don't feel inspired to buy a Kona bike.

bintangman

hmmm.. it seems a bit optimistic but I don't suppose anyone knows when the results from Saturday are available?

nickhead

Well, think I may be looking to cancel my Glentress entry – as much as i like the idea and concept of the mashups (and the Avalanche Enduros), if they can't get the most fundamental element of TIMED stage races right – i might as well just ride at my leisure and save the 30/35 quid.

from the konamashup website:

Even with intense efforts on Saturday we couldn't rectify the techincal problems with the timing, the problems we faced were a serious setback and even with the preparation and experience from previous events we couldn't solve these glitches on the day. The timing team is currently going through the huge amount of raw data and will do their best to put the runs that were correctly recorded into results. This will take a few days so we would ask you to bear with us.

Many have praised the concept of the Mash-Up, but the last three years have shown that timing this kind of event proving too difficult. We are really sorry that after 3 years of trying to improve the timing issues we are still having problems and anything less than 100% accuracy isn't satisfactory. We would like to take this opportunity to apologise to everybody and assure you that we are working on an amicable solution for everyone. We will have some more news on this in the next few days.

Seriously – if you can't get the staff, can't be sure the equipment is functioning, can't be sure that the timing will be accurate – then you can't put on a race.

I've done 3 Avalanche enduros over the last 3 years, and found them to be a fantastic example of how to run this kind of race… different level.

Can't wait for Steve Parr's series next year – a proper, well organised (based on experience of NPS DH etc) full UK series!

I am suprisd that riders are still entering this event after disasterous mess ups with timing for the past 3 events!

I have also experienced both the 'mash up' and 'avalanche cup' races and hace always found the latter to be-better organised, better value for money and on the whole more enjoyable than finding out your time has been messed up on a blinding run down the black trail at Afan. Also, if i can add my tuppence worth, what a shambles that the Skyline cafe after party was an extra charge! I felt like a 2nd class citizen being hoofed out into the rain.

I too am looking forward to the Steve Parr races, join the group on facebook and be involved in shaping a new race series!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got kona mashup results for 2days races?’ is closed to new replies.