Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Anyone got any proper rain yet?
  • maxtorque

Looks like we had a resonable amount of rain last night, although as the gutter above the bedroom window is currently a bit wonky, it leaks, and the water, er waterfalls out and splashes on the window sill, which makes any rain sound quite significant…… One of those lockdown jobs that slipped through the net

CountZero

Actually had pretty significant rain today, which I didn’t mind, as I took the day off.
    It’s certainly going to help the garden, it’ll soak in a lot more than me spraying a hose around for an hour.
    I keep meaning to get some sprinkler hose to run around the garden, fixed to the wall and the top of the fence at the bottom of the garden, so I can just turn the tap on and leave it to spray gently for an hour or two.

hugo
    Free Member

Rained here yesterday for the first time in 2 months. Will probably be the last rain until September now.

I live in Doha so not sure how relevant this is.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

Haha it rained in Muscat, Oman too. Must be a GCC thing.

hugo
    Free Member

Nice, Muscat is on the list of potential next family locations. What are the trails like? (Qatar is abysmal).

roach

Not had anything apart from a feeble shower for ages here in South Wales. Some intense precipitation incoming though looking at the radar. Love a good downpour, especially with a bit of storm activity too.

Trails here are so dry it reminds me of last year when I thought it would never rain again. There’s some local dirt jumps and they’re rock solid and baked due to the clay soil.

monkeyboyjc

Rain, snow and hail today… Just east of Gloucester

matt_outandabout

Place your bets for the April figures from MetOffice.

Our March was about 50% of the usual rain. April has been even drier.

Edit:https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/climate/maps-and-data/uk-actual-and-anomaly-maps

dyna-ti

Well it’s nice and sunny here in Glasgow….oh no wait, I see some black clouds forming.

CountZero

Rain, snow and hail today… Just east of Gloucester

I’m willing to bet a significant amount of money that your hail was nothing like the hail in Texas and Oklahoma, ‘cos everything is bigger in Texas!

https://www.boredpanda.com/giant-hail-in-texas-oklahoma-pics/

neilnevill
    Free Member

F all here in South London, despite the weatherman’s promises. Still, it’s the bank holiday now, it’ll piss down all weekend for sure.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I watered the flower bed last night. Still didn’t induce rain. Currently sunny although some threatening clouds about…I need to water the flower bed again perhaps.

maxtorque

Ok, enough, please stop raining now……..

Mister-P
    Free Member

So it’s your fault. I’m hoping it dries up for the weekend. Santa Pod in the rain is not much fun.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

We live in the sunny south where the months of May and June are full of golden sunshine.

Clearly someone didn’t get the memo this afternoon

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Yeah, second hailstorm in a week in sunny Southampton, last Weds mid afternoon and today just after 1800.

It is late May and not Jan, right?

trail_rat
    Free Member

The ditch at the bottom of my road after the weekend….

dudeofdoom

Oooh had a Gota-Fria in sunny Spain, it’s the sort of thing that floods all the ramblas and washes the cars away,very dangerous as it may not be raining in your location but the impending flood may come your way.

maxtorque

So far this spring i have “definitely turned the heating off for the last time this year” about, oh, 23 times so far…….

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got any proper rain yet?’ is closed to new replies.