Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Anyone got any proper rain yet?
  • Premier Icon maxtorque

It’s just started a pretty pathetic drizzle (at absolute best) from the sky here in Northants.

I’d been incredibly dry recently, honestly not sure it’s actually raining in the entire month so far? My local riding spot Woburn is Sahara dry and blown out, with powder “berms” that collapse as your try to ride them and with some roots that i have been able to ride over for the first time in, oh, 15 years as they are dry and brittle with the lack of rain!

Even the resident trail minder Shed-man is i think suffering from it:

So, anyone else missing the wet stuff??

Premier Icon stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Yip. But i live in scotland so its a constant thing…

Premier Icon ElShalimo

It’s been pissing down here in West Yorkshire for the last 2hrs

The garden will be happy. It’s the first proper rain for nearly a month (we’ve had snow though)

Premier Icon StuE

I got soaked on my ride in Leeds this morning and at has rained most of the evening

Premier Icon Caher

I can see it’s hammering down in Madrid.

Premier Icon footflaps

Dry as a bone in East Anglia, spent 8 hours yesterday watering the garden as the ground was cracking….

Premier Icon kendonagasaki

It’s just started in Chester. Sounds loud on the Velux windows, but then most rain does.

Premier Icon teethgrinder

Pissing it down 12 miles west of Newcastle. Quite happy if it stopped.

Premier Icon boxelder

Time to start an ‘Incessant rain updates’ thread?
    Rained for a while in Keswick last night, drizzly showers today and looking pretty dark grey just now. Hope it rains properly all night TBH.

Premier Icon maxtorque

Yeah, could do with a nice 6 hours of medium rain over night, clearing to a perfect blue cloudless sky for tomorrow!!

Premier Icon onehundredthidiot

Poured mid day and been drizzly today. But ground still.dry and brick hard. South borders.

Premier Icon ahsat

Yep – as above raining in West Yorkshire since 4. Heavy enough that I almost decided it was too wet to move the van to get in the garage gym – decided that was a pretty poor excuse, but I did deploy a waterproof jacket. I’m delighted to see the rain – our water butt has run dry from watering a newly planted bed and it was really annoying me that I was going to have to resort to the tap…in April!

Premier Icon fettlin

Yup, rain in Herefordshire just now. Bought time, getting a bit tough digging the garden over the last few days.

Premier Icon scotroutes

Good timing. It was a bit driech this morning in Aviemore but it’s properly raining now. The trails will be better for it and it might reduce the fire risk a little.

Premier Icon maxtorque

Lets face it, nobody likes their butt to be too dry do they……

Premier Icon onewheelgood

It hasn’t really rained here for about 2 months. Just had a bit of light drizzle this evening, not enough to make any difference to the garden. Or the trails.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider

Lagging it down in Manchester.

Premier Icon CountZero

Nah, damp is about all. Going to have to use the hose again tomorrow. I have too many treasured plants and a couple of trees that I’ve fought too hard to keep alive to trust the weather.

Premier Icon scuttler

Hero dirt.

Premier Icon mogrim

I can see it’s hammering down in Madrid.

Certainly is.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

A bit of drizzle on tonight’s ride, about half an hour of rain this afternoon. The dust has been damped down, that’s all.

Premier Icon CountZero

Funny, when I saw the photo of the hut I had to check the location, because there’s a very similar one in West Woods, near Marlborough, which I always think of as Babba Yagga’s Hut, all it needs are chicken legs!

Premier Icon welshfarmer

Have you seen the temps though that are forecast? It is supposed to be wet here tomorrow, but with a max daytime temp of 7 degrees that will feel like 3. And the 3 nights of the Bank Holiday weekend are showing feels like temps of below freezing! Not very nice for anyone coming to the area to camp I imagine

Premier Icon Sandwich

Lagging it down in Manchester.

Situation normal then! (Said as an 80’s student that felt damp for all my time in Salford).

Premier Icon swavis

Just got soaked on our evening spin here in Aberlour. Could be warmer but no wind so it wasn’t actually that bad.

Premier Icon tjagain

Rained in Edinburgh this afternoon / evening

Premier Icon n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Looked like the heavens were going to open from around 1600, but we missed the showers that were closer to Winchester.

Bit of rain expected overnight and tomorrow afternoon… So after two rest days with DOMS I expect I’ll be setting up the turbo.

Premier Icon alpin
    Free Member

it’s been a relatively dry winter here in southern Germany. the river in town is well done despite the snow melt. last few years the river has been really high this time of year, usually due to melting snow and heavy rain.

when it has rained it’s not been heavy enough to soak in.

isn’t this something to do with the north atlantic oscillation pattern bringing dryer winds further north, away from africa and southern europe?

Premier Icon rockandrollmark

Yep. Lashing it down here now. Much needed too. Looking at photos from last year the trees were covered in green flappy things. They’re still bare at the moment. I think they’re confused.

Like many on here I’m sure, I can track mentally when it last rained by the last time the trails were minging. I don’t think I’ve had a wet bum for about two months now.

Also, good to see a fellow Woburn rider!

Premier Icon ElShalimo

I’m just hoping it helps put the fire out on Marsden Moor

Started by a Muppet playing with fireworks  on a tinderbox like moorland 🤦

Premier Icon CheesybeanZ

Raining well here in south Worcestershire.

Premier Icon tommyhine
    Free Member

just the light shower in MK, isn’t that section of woods off limits to everyone at the minute?

Premier Icon icic
    Free Member

There was heavy rain in MK last night, I promised my friend sunshine for the rest of the year during the day and Rain at night but man I was wrong 😁

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Rain gauge in our garden had 6mm on this morning. Everything is damp rather than wet

Premier Icon pocpoc

Feels like I’m in the only place in the UK that didn’t get rain yesterday.
    Massive downpours and minor flash flooding in York yesterday afternoon, but 15 miles to the East and we got nothing at all. The garden is desperate for it.

Premier Icon spekkie
    Free Member

Here in the Pyrenees it’s “on and off” drizzling. Third day in a row now.

We had the same weather here this time last year too – we were in lockdown and I remember thinking “I wouldn’t want to go outside even if I could”

Premier Icon fazzini

Rather excellent dumping of the garden-friendly wet stuff, just east of Newcastle yesterday, for a good chunk of the day. Sun trying to impose itself currently. I predict flowers blooming…:) Life is good

Premier Icon swedishmatt
    Free Member

Fazzini: east of Newcastle, so the north sea then 🙂

Premier Icon fazzini

@swedishmatt – near enough 😉

Premier Icon maxtorque

Hello to my fellow Woburn riders, Despite not being on this forum much recently, i’m deffinitely in the “Old guard” when it comes to woburn having first ridden it in 1999….

(back when “3 drops” in the back woods was so secret you had to quietly sneak past the viscous guard squirrel, slide carefully past the spiky holly bush and physically push part the drooping branches of a small ash tree to gain access to the start of the trail, which was just a thin single tyre width of sand winding off down between the trees!)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.