Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Anyone got any Planet x super roubaix bibs?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member
    tomhoward

Interested in the results of this thread!

wavejumper
    Free Member

Also, what are they like for fit? Height wise I fall exactly between sizes! Don’t know whether to upsize or downsize?

cp

No pad just incase anyone missed it…

bol

They come up a bit small and the zip is likely to last about one ride if they’re anything like the ones I bought this time last year.

paddy0091
    Free Member

nightmare to have a pi55 from?

Underhill
    Free Member

Nope. Mine were grand today at the side of an empty car park.

Got a pair last year in the water-damage sale, only pair of bibs I have but I find them fairly comfy & warm enough today with a pair of padded shorts underneath.

Janesy
    Free Member

Padded short underneath!? FFS!

Edit – Didnt see this

These Bib Tights come with no padded insert for ultimate cold weather versatility.

Probably crap then.

brant
    Free Member

Why would you *not* want to wear your shorts under a winter bib tight?

Cold knackers!

hammerite
    Free Member

Not got a pair of these but I agree with Brant, you need another lot of fabric in winter to make it bearable. Lots of bibs come without a pad.

chakaping
    Free Member

Even two layers of lycra can’t stop it going back inside sometimes.

🙁

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Just ordered the large (6ft 1) and 33″ waist)

rob-jackson
    Free Member

the large do not fit – back they go and XL here i come!!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

No pad = forget it 🙁

rob-jackson
    Free Member

but no pad means you can wear them consecutive days with just a change of undershorts

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Just a heads up i suppose, at 11.5 stone and 6ft 2″ with a 32/33″ waist i needed an XL in these for leg length!! So if in doubt go one size up.

Also if you buy on the web do not expect to take them back to the showroom for swapping/returns with any ease. Apparently px have 3 depts which only loosely work together – net returns have to be posted back.

brant
    Free Member

Also if you buy on the web do not expect to take them back to the showroom for swapping/returns with any ease. Apparently px have 3 depts which only loosely work together – net returns have to be posted back.

Oh dear. I’m sorry that’s what happened. I’ll be looking into this tomorrow for you.

scaredypants

XL and L have same inside leg according to PX website ? – misprint ?

GrahamS

Why would you *not* want to wear your shorts under a winter bib tight?

Cold knackers!

Cos you wear baggies over them instead?

but no pad means you can wear them consecutive days with just a change of undershorts

My main issue is filthy muddy trails, not sweaty man vegetables, so wearing baggies over them means I can swap out manky baggies without the tights getting grotty.

Normal baggies don’t mind getting washed frequently, but lycra does.

vinnyeh

I’d much rather survive with an extra inch of leg on display, or use longer socks, than go up a size if it meant that the waist size went up as well. A pair of baggy tights can really spoil a ride in my experience.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

they aren’t baggy as they are lycra!! if they have stirrups how would you suggest the extra leg showing may occur?

vinnyeh

assumed they were zipped, not stirrups.

As you were. 😳

stanfree
    Free Member

Not wishing to hijack the thread but looking at these and other Bibs , My question is wouldn’t 3/4 length be comfier and more likely to fit Im a 34/ 36″ waist but have short legsand dont want to order ones that will be miles to long.
    I’ve been struggling with wearing normal Bibs the last few weeks but its getting Baltic now , how much heat are you likely to feel with 3/4’s. ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Def not as warm IMO.

rOcKeTdOg

3/4 mean cold feet for me

stanfree
    Free Member

Al and Rocketdog , point taken . My feet are always cold so probably best to order full length bib tights.

GrahamS

3/4 mean cold feet for me

Thermal socks FTW!

markwalker
    Free Member

i quite often come home with a witchity grubb lol

rob-jackson
    Free Member

brant – Member
    Oh dear. I’m sorry that’s what happened. I’ll be looking into this tomorrow for you.

POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

Any feedback?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got any Planet x super roubaix bibs?’ is closed to new replies.