Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone got any MTB routes to the north or East of Oxenhope?
  • Alphabet

The SO is doing the Bronte Challenge thing on Sunday. I’m planning to drop her off in Oxenhope where it starts and then going off and doing a route somewhere. I’d like to keep clear of the challenge routes which basically cover the area to the left and south towards Hebden Bridge and Widdop.

I’m happy to either start in Oxenhope and head north or east or else drive somewhere else like Haworth and start from there.

What have you got?

Simon

From Haworth or Oxenhope you can do a loop taking in Cullingworth, Wilsden, Cottingley, Bingley, St Ives and Harden Moor.
    I can email you a Gpx if you like.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The Bingley Bash thing as people like to call it is just on the doorstep. http://www.cyclebradford.org.uk/get-cycling/leisure-trails-places/bingley-bash/

Which loop is she doing on the Bronte?

It all has some nice sections, I would be tempted to just ride that.

Edit: What bike and tyres is she using? There is all sorts of terrain mixed in to it ie sections you will wish you were on a road bike, and others you would be glad of a full susser with big volume tyres.

Further Edit: Just looked at the route I’ve linked above, its not quite the variation I would do, but I guess it is what can be published on the web 8)

Cowman
    Alphabet

Simon: Yes Please. My email is in my profile. Thanks.

Thanks also to FunkyDunc and Cowman. I’m sure one of those 3 routes will be perfect.

FunkyDunc: I think she’s using her XC bike which is a Stumpjumper with about 5″ travel front and rear. Not sure which tyres but I imagine she’ll be on Panaracer Fire XC Pro.

Simon

Further Edit: Just looked at the route I’ve linked above, its not quite the variation I would do, but I guess it is what can be published on the web

My route strays from Cowman’s slightly 🙂

Alphabet, I’ll send my gpx to the email in your profile.

Alphabet

Simon: I’ve received your gpx file. Just what I needed. Thank you very much. 🙂

I’ll let you know how I get on.

Simon

No problem 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

OP did you manage the ride? Grand day for it.

Alphabet

Yes I did. It was a lovely sunny day and I mainly followed Simon’s gpx route starting from Oxenhope. Some really lovely sections to it. I was riding at a chilled pace as there were so many horse riders and walkers about.

Thanks all for the replies and recommendations and to Simon for the gpx file.

Simon

Glad you had a good ride and that the GPX was of use.
    There are some good sections on that ride, I ride variations of the route most weeks as I live in Bingley and work in Haworth.
    Harden Moor and Cottingley are worth an explore if you’re ever in the area again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got any MTB routes to the north or East of Oxenhope?’ is closed to new replies.