Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone got any good benefit fraud stories/tips?
  • grumm
    Free Member

Or is it just tax fraud and import duty fraud that people on here do? 😈

uplink
    Free Member

I once got a letter telling me my unemployment benefit was suspended whilst an fraud investigation took place
    I wasn’t on any benefit & hadn’t been since Thatcher’s time.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i once got sent a letter to my house from the benfit office telling me my benefits had stopped as they did not have an address for me.. I still have it to this day.

I doubt anyone will confess to this crime as we hate the poor ripping off the system only the rich and middle class can/should do that.. I am sure that is your point though.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

yeah Jacqui Smith, Home Secretary. Check out her expenses, you wont believe it!

If you’ve got nothing to hide you’ve got nothing to fear eh Jacqui?

thomthumb
    Free Member

i pass off most of my bike spares as wheelchair spares and get most of the cash back -well easy to do!

8)

MrAgreeable

Apparently if you cannot function without a drink before midday you are technically disabled. I’m not there yet but I’m working on it.

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

Tax fraud is okay with me as I could never claim as much as taxman rips me off for year in year out then wastes a lot of it on sh!te

barca
    Free Member

I know literally hundreds of stories of benefit fraud but as I know about them, they can’t by definition be good tips. I used to work in the detection of benefit fraud.

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve got a good tax fraud story for you.

I was self employed for a while so had to do my own returns. 3 years after I stopped being self employed I recieved a letter from the tax office saying I no longer had to fill out self assessment forms so when they sent me the next one I ignored it. Then they charged me 100 pounds for not doing it. I sent them a copy of the letter to prove I no longer had to do self assessment, they said it wasn’t valid and if I didn’t do it by the end of the month they’d charge me another 100 quid. I said see you in court, they said that’s fine, see you there, we’re regulars.

So I paid up. That’s fraud that is.

RaglanSurf
    Free Member

Why is this in the bike forum?

dr_adams
    Free Member

maybe tips to get a new bike? like C2W?

grumm
    Free Member

Sorry I was forgetting it’s not bike-related fraud so should be in off-topic.

RaglanSurf
    Free Member

Exactly right grumm, if however you would like to tie it in to bike related fraud then it would of course be acceptable.

Shandy
    Free Member

My heart bleeds for the tax man. After all there is hardly any wastage or innefficiency in the public sector.

Deliberately misleading other people into supporting you when you just can’t be bothered to work, and avoiding a bit of tax as a contributing member of society are both morally indefensible.

grumm
    Free Member

Anyone claiming sickness benefit but still going out mountain biking? That would be sweet.

Jamie
    Free Member

Grumm AKA Benefits fraud officer.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got any good benefit fraud stories/tips?’ is closed to new replies.