Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone got an Ortlieb Office pannier briefcase?
  • DrP

If so, you couldn’t take a few snaps of the INSIDE of it could you? I’m trying to to picture how the internal arrangement is.
    All online images are just the bag!

Ta

DrP

soma_rich
    Free Member

I have a nice briefcase style pannier if your looking for one. Dutch brand I can’t remember the brand of. Padded laptop sleeve, room for shirt and trousers and lunch. No stethoscope clip though…

DrP

If you let me know the brand that would be cool!

It is actually to be a ‘doctor’s bag’! The ideal is one with several padded sections, but not necessarily flat sections. But still needs to be waterproof and look smart..

I think I’m on the hunt for a unicorn egg here…

DrP

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Google image search, seems to be two versions, a soft shell (above) and a hard shell version 2 (below)

bikeradar review of the version 2

soma_rich
    Free Member

After a bit of googling its an AGU Laptop panier
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Agu-Laptop-Pannier-/140922623202

Yours for postage…

DrP

oooh – even the ortlieb site DIDN’T have the hard shell one…
    Might be just what I’m after!

Cheers for the offer Rich, might be tempted by the shiny new case though…..

DrP

TiRed

I have the Downtown soft pannier. Considered the boxier Office as well. The selling point for the Downtown was i) shape – looks more like a briefcase and ii) strap – you have to remove the shoulder strap for the Office, but the Downtown can fold the strap inside without removal.

The Downtown is not as waterproof, but this has not been a problem. It is about 4L smaller and not as square of corner. Spare clothing is just about OK, but after laptop, case, accessories and some wotk, there isn’t a lot of space left. I’m currently using my Deuter rucksack on a road bike as I race after work on some evenings.

Either pannier will be well made, waterproof and robust. Get the QL3 fitting and the mounting stays on the rack, which is great if you only use one bike to commute.

DrP

Get the QL3 fitting and the mounting stays on the rack, which is great if you only use one bike to commute.

But it’ll stop the kiddie seat fitting the rack unfortunately.

DrP

mrblobby
    Free Member

Great thread, I was just looking for photos of the inside of the office bag. Assuming it’s the large one up there.

Notice they do a 17 inch laptop sleeve. Anyone know if this fits inside the office bag? Text seems to suggest it does but the dimensions suggest it doest!

Also anyone know if the hardshell is still available, can’t see it anywhere on the ortlieb site.

Thanks.

TiRed

My ACME 15″ sleeve fits perfectly. A 17″ would squeeze into the Downtown, but I can’t comment on ease of folding the cover over to close.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got an Ortlieb Office pannier briefcase?’ is closed to new replies.