Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone got an old knackered SPD pedal going spare?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Somehow managed to snap the little metal hinged cleat retainer on my pedal yesterday. Given the pedals are only about 4 months old and in otherwise decent shape I’ve been looking for a replacement part, but to no avail.

I was hoping someone had a broken old pedal kicking around that they no longer need that they could kindly donate to me for spares. Would of course be happy to pay for postage.

ta

Mugboo

Shimano? If so then yes, a few years old but yours if you want it?

Email in profile

tpbiker
    Free Member

Great thanks, yep its shimano. I assume the design hasn’t changed so assume it’ll fit…will ping you a mail

ta

Mugboo

No email yet.

BadlyWiredDog

If you don’t get sorted, it might be worth tracking down a set of cheapo 520s and simply buying them. Given the cost of cleats these days, it means you can buy the pedals for 20 quid or so, get a new set of cleats which retail for around a tenner or so and have a lot of spare bits – SPDs eventually wear an oversized notch in the front locating plate, which means the cleat will no longer stay put no matter how much you tighten them, so you’ll use the bits eventually.

It seems wrong in terms of sustainability, but economically it makes some sort of twisted sense.

Which bit is it btw and which pedal? I have some sacrificial 520s lying about somewhere and might be able to bung the part.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got an old knackered SPD pedal going spare?’ is closed to new replies.