Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Anyone got a white xmas? …with clear blue sky etc etc..
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

Theres about 6 inches in the garden,not a breath of wind and clear sky here. I think the last white xmas with this amount of snow was about 24 years ago with only the odd dusting of snow over the years.nothing as much as this.
    Kids must be loving it.santa managing to deliver pressies on his sleigh and all that ;O)

Off out for a bike ride up the hills now.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

It's a perfect day here in Ulverston. Took MrFC to work this morning and the view of the snow-covered hills was spectacular, just as the sun was coming up!! Bootiful!! 😀

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Stunning here again Martin (Spean Bridge). Not as cold as yesterday but still enough for the windchill to really bite on the downhills.

Happy Xmas!

ebygomm
    Free Member

I'm enjoying my first white Christmas (I'm 29)

GrahamS

Yep, gorgeous up here. Just been out for a walk round the dam and got mugged by hungry swans. 🙂
    Bluebird skies, fresh snow on the ground and everyone in a nice xmassy mood.

Ready for my turkey now!

Merry non-denominational Winter Festive Holiday Greetings!

allyharp

Looking great here near Glasgow too – blue skies and plenty of snow on the ground. It hasn't actually snowed for about 2 days now but it has lasted well.

epicsteve
    Free Member

We had some fresh snow in Balerno earlier this morning but it's blue skies now.

jj55

Yep – Blue skies & snow in Herefordshire :0)

grumm
    Free Member

Yup absolutely stunning here in South Cumbria. Just been out for a walk in the snow.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Still well covered here in Boroughbridge. Had a nice walk with the new camera down by the river & canal, Crimbo dinner in 30mins & counting!

Gravy
    Free Member

1st white Christmas since we lived here, over 20 years, 😕

RustyNissanPrairie

dumping it down with snow here in Rossendale, roads covered again! 😀

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Loch Moy Nr Inverness

Out on the x-country ski's!

fbk
    Free Member

Wow – Kbrembo – those pics are amazing. I got a few good pic's (about 100!) in the Welsh hills but not that standard 🙂

aviemoron
    Free Member

Well Martin it's dumped loads here, gotta have been 12" since you went home on Xmas eve. Me and June hoping to get a ski together tomorrow as folks up (if they get the bl**dy hill open). Well excited, been waxing skis and walking around in new tele boots. Happy happy joy joy.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Ayeeee,merry xmas all.Nice pics Keith. I ended up roaming yer pics a while back (nosey bassa you see)from a link you sent of the titus you were selling and noticed you had an eye with that camera! Lots of nice scenes with amazing colours from around the world that didnt seem to be altered in any way at all like a lot of folk do.. just good spot on pics.

I drove up the hill behind the house (Leys) in the snow.Got up the hill all the way no probs but couldnt do a turn at the top cos of all the big rocks.. so got a bit stuck lol.After that i stopped on the way back down and got pics of Ben Wyvis in the late sun. I will try and sort them out tomorrow eve.

Aviemoro, well i thought it would have dumped more as its been snowing here on and off near sea level for days.seems to be topping up the level of snow in the garden to a constant 6 inches.There must have been over 14 inches fallen over the past week in Aviemore.Sunday might be the turning point though.. and if it freezes after a bit of a thaw its going to be bad.still running pressures about 33% lower on car and bike!

cuckoo
    Free Member

awesome pics Kbrembo 🙂

Amazing to think that landscape is in the British Isles.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Thanks!

Lucky to have this on my doorstep with no travel needed!

I have been on the x-country ski's all week-straight from the house!

These are also great MTB trails when there is no snow!

Martin…. I can't be bothered with photo-shopping. Quick crop and occasional sharpen. Job Done

grumm
    Free Member

Lucky to have this on my doorstep with no travel needed!

Indeed! Amazing pics. Thanks for posting them.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Nice.The scenery on the way to Aviemore today was unreal.I forgot my camera and knew i would be regretting it as the lunch trip into town had sun blasting thru icicles hanging from a few buildings.looked really good. oh well.

right, im off to upload pics.if any are ok, ill post them later and hopefully someone can post them here to view.. as i can only drop in links.

Drac

Here too first one in about 7 maybe 8 years, no pics been working all weekend.

antigee

sledging with kids on xmas day = fantastic

mikewsmith
    Free Member

northmberland was good 🙂

Bunnyhop

Went sledging on Christmas day too. Fantastic watching the children making the most of it and not just sitting inside watching the telly.

It's all but disappeared now as we've had a few heavy showers in the last couple of hours, just a bit of snow left in the back garden.

clareymorris

Yup – Penrith was cold and foggy so we just popped out locally and quite quickly got above the fog…………it was lush!

Gravy
    Free Member
    john_drummer
    Free Member

Thick blanket in west yorkshire when we set off for tyneside. Just sheet ice in Whitley Bay – everywhere

Alcopop
    Free Member

Sunny…ish yesterday morning when i was out with the dog

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a white xmas? …with clear blue sky etc etc..’ is closed to new replies.