Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone got a Volvo V60 2.0 Diesel B4 MHEV
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

Been offered a good deal on a new car, although they didn’t have the 197bhp 2.0D B$ MHEV in stock, so drove a petrol. Seemed OK, however, seen a few reviews slating the 8 speed box which I assumed was a ZF unit and it’s not.

The Volvo site says the new generation Geartronic is quicker, blah blah blah..

Wondering if anyone has experienced one.

mmannerr

Test drove one or other version of new V60, T8 AWD I think. It is much bigger car than original but our list of specs made it too expensive for company leasing scheme.
    Some of requirements we could have dropped but most annoying thing was that the good seats were available only as part of some higher spec. Standard seats are couple steps back from what could be expected from a modern Volvo.

Flaperon

The gearbox is fine but can be confused when you approach a roundabout, slow down, and then floor it into a gap. It tends to just sit there for a second or two while it thinks about what to do.

Otherwise it’s fine. The stop/start is very good on a Volvo. You might not be a fan of the Android OS driving the infotainment etc as there’s no Android Auto or Carplay support (yet).

It’s worth paying for the parking sensors on the front if they’re not included in the spec, as the bonnet is a long way away and isn’t forgiving of lazy parking. The autopark system (another optional extra) is very good and can get it in and out of space that would take me several attempts to do myself.

Inclined to agree with other posters about the seats. They’re good, but not fantastic. The ones in my Tesla are superficially much cheaper but give me less lower back pain after a long journey.

In the last year Volvo have stripped a lot of options and features from the V60 series due to the chip shortage. Check what you’re actually getting.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

You might not be a fan of the Android OS driving the infotainment etc as there’s no Android Auto or Carplay support (yet).

This is a showroom car and has loads of extras, one thing that is included is the android/apple car play but it’s the outgoing infotainment system, not the new Google based on like the Polestar ones have.

It’s worth paying for the parking sensors on the front if they’re not included in the spec, as the bonnet is a long way away and isn’t forgiving of lazy parking. The autopark system (another optional extra) is very good and can get it in and out of space that would take me several attempts to do myself.

It has that with 360 cameras. We have that on the family E class Cabriolet and it’s good for checking if you’re about to kerb your alloys, but too slow to use as an actual parking method, only does 5kph max, can park it manually quicker!

Inclined to agree with other posters about the seats.

I noticed that myself, the petrol car I test drove had the basic ones and the car I’ve reserved has the all singing all dancing seats and they are poles apart, amazed they aren’t standard.

In the last year Volvo have stripped a lot of options and features from the V60 series due to the chip shortage. Check what you’re actually getting.

Which is why I’m not swapping my E class for another Merc! The chip shortage has hammered Mercedes and why the used prices have shot up, I paid £14k for my E class a year ago, put 25k on it and just sold it for £16k. This Volvo is in the showroom now and i’ve been right through it and it has just about everything, £7k of options on it which are all there, the pano roof, 360 cameras, full LED shadow lights, rear heated seats and ‘lounge’ 4 zone climate as well as Premium sound system and carplay/android etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.