Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone got a Pug (as in the dog)?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Not planning on getting one but the kids are obsessed with them and they do make me laugh every time I see one. What are they like?

solarpowered
    Free Member

Absolutely love them as dogs! Brilliant little characters…… But …. So so so many problems (genetically) I feel sorry for them every time I come across them 😥

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Never met one that wasn’t a splendid character, but from chats with a veterinarian mate, he feels that it’s a breed that suffers through certain characteristics. Though, I realise, having bought a pedigree dog myself, I am guilty of a certain amount of hypocrisy, I do feel that this breed is one of those that’s gone too far.

tang
    Free Member

I have one at work. Great personality and an absolute magnet for ladies(not much use for me, but a point that could be of interest). It’s a black one so seriously noisy with its breathing.
    [/url] Untitled by tangwyn, on Flickr[/img]

What I have to put up with while I’m on here all day hard at work.

cardiac
    Free Member

The best little monster ever. Constantly craving attention and they can be very stubborn and determined. They are amazing with children they put up with so much and don’t react. You would also be surprised how strong they are as well.Superb personality, wouldn’t hurt anyone. The breathing is a downside but you know that when you buy the breed, so you no what precautions to take.

kinda666
    Free Member

Pug owner here, Winnie is nearly 9 now, never been an ounce of bother, but is a bit needy.. proper lapdog, dont even noticed she’s jumped up half of the time. Snores like mad though, can’t have her on the bed with us!
    The black ones seem to be a little bit more mental from my experience..

ski
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2RJN9a_jdM&sns=em[/video]

ski
    Free Member

We have been considering one too, quick question to owners, how do they get on with cats?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A dog that has been bread to such an extent (some of the pedigree ones) that most can’t give birth or breath properly? Speak to a vet about them before getting to far.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We have been considering one too, quick question to owners, how do they get on with cats?

If you’re getting a puppy, then almost any dog will be ok with cats as long as the introduction is made carefully. Consider not allowing the dog upstairs so the cat(s) can go somewhere for a bit of peace and quiet and have “their” area. Ours (not a Pug) is fine with our cats and plays well with two neighbourhood cats that come and visit her in the garden.

irelanst
    Free Member

We dog sat a pug for friends at the weekend and from that experience I would have to say I really wouldn’t bother having one.

It was useless; it couldn’t run at anything above my walking pace, couldn’t fetch anything bigger than a cocktail stick, had to be lifted in and out of the car and was scared of mud and water. It was happy to sit on someones knee and wheeze incessantly for hours though.

If you want a dog, don’t get a pug. I’d rather have a cat.

yunki
    Free Member

we had a pug/jack russell puppy, there are a lot of pug crosses that have helped to stabilize a lot of the inherent physical problems..

Nothing you can do about the pug mentality though.. yes they have great character, but think about every human that you know that’s described as ‘a character’, you wouldn’t want one living in your house..

they are very very stubborn, I would go as far as saying totally stubborn.. and very needy of attention.. and they have a psychological disorder where they believe with every ounce of their miniscule little body that they are actually the size of a rottweiler

andyfla
    Free Member

Just got back from Vancouver and out ther the only time you see pugs is when 2 men are holding hands ……

Have to agree with irelanst though, Fairly useless apart from warming ones lap

voodoo_chile

Go for a puggle ,half pug half beagle ,loads of energy

thekingisdead
    Free Member

kayak23

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iVc-Z8yFYW8[/video]

munrobiker
    Free Member

I don’t get these dogs- how on earth can anyone consider them to be anything other than utterly hideous? It’s like paying a stranger for a miniature Susan Boyle that will shit in your garden and cost you hundreds of pounds in vets bills. It may be a spiffing character and very nice, but you’ve paid someone money to look at thhe thing every day.

There must be a nicer looking dog somewhere that you also like. It’s an impossibilty that there isn’t.

wrecker
    Free Member

I bought the wife a pug once. Despite the rolls of fat and screwed up face, the dog seems to like her!
    Boom tish!

jools182
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Pug (as in the dog)?’ is closed to new replies.