Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • anyone got a picture of an Islabike Cnoc 14 with a Beinn 20 (Small)?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’m about to get a Beinn20 small to replace my son’s Cnoc 14 which he’s pretty much outgrown.
    I’d quite like to see the 2 bikes side-by-side, ideally with the Cnoc’s saddle at its max, and the Beinn’s at its lowest.

anyone?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Sorry do not have a pic.

What I can tell you is that Mr Claus brought a Cnoc and a Bein Large a couple of Christmases ago. NO2 off offspring rode the Cnoc twice and wanted gears like his brother.
    I got Bein small two weeks later and he never looked back. The only major down side was “what gear are you in? I am in gear 4″repeating every minute or so.

Hope this helps a little.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Forgot to mention said offspring No2 was right at the bottom end of the sizing for the Bien 20 small and not that confident at the time.
    There being the reason I got the Cnoc.
    Luckily the second hand value of Islabikes is sky high and I think I only lost $20 on the thing.

tonyd

ir_bandito – are you selling the Cnoc on?

I want to move my youngest onto his big brothers Rothan soon, trouble is the eldest is a couple cm below the minimum height for the Cnoc 16, so I’m wondering if a 14 might be better to get him going and confident with pedals.

jonathan
    Free Member

I don’t have that pic (which surprised me!), but I could try and do you one tonight?

Our eldest went straight from Cnoc 14 to a small Beinn 20, with plenty of fun crossing back and forth between the two. If he’s properly outgrown a Cnoc then he should have no problem on the small Beinn 20

takisawa2

My two, Cnoc 14 & Beinn 20 small.

IMAG0219 by pten2106, on Flickr

The Cnoc 14 feeds nicely into the Beinn 20 small.
    My youngest is verging on small for his age, & has maxed out the adjustement on his Cnoc14. The Beinn 20 on min now fits him a treat. He’s certainly not finding it a struglle. Trouble is he’s got the makings of a BMX’er so loves blasting around standing up on the pedals on his Cnoc still. His Brothers just gone from the Beinn20 small to a Spesh Hotrock 24.

I’ll see if I can find a pic of both bikes die by side…

jonathan
    Free Member

tony – we had plenty of use out of the Cnoc 14 with the first one, and even more now that the youngest has moved on to it. The bigger wheels of the 16 might have been better at times, but it’s never felt like a deal breaker. Easily mitigated with some fatter tyres 🙂

Here’s no 1 still enjoying the Cnoc14 long after he was big enough for his Beinn 20 🙂

You can’t beat a big beach for skids by Jonathan Bateman, on Flickr

jonathan
    Free Member

Trouble is he’s got the makings of a BMX’er so loves blasting around standing up on the pedals on his Cnoc still.

Yup – I hear ya 🙂

Skate park on the little bike by Jonathan Bateman, on Flickr

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Thanks folks, that’s reassured me.

No, won’t be selling the Cnoc, it’ll be stored in the loft for a couple of years unil his little brother is ready for it.

I imagine there might be a little bit of riding both for a while, but I doubt it as he’s deperate for bigger wheels to cope with the roots in the local singletrack (he has the making of a 29er rider…), and for gears to go faster. He is going to dissapointed he’s not getting bouncy forks like mine. I have actually bought a Kona Shred20 with forks and disc brakes from ebay, but its WAY too big for him.

lovewookie

Shame you’re not up glasgow way, we’ve got smalls and larges in the primary schools fleet you could try.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Your primary school has a fleet of bikes? Nice.

the local school does have a good bike shed and encourages kids to ride bikes, but I only discovered today they’re not allowed to use rucsacs, only the school-issued book-bags which is a right pile of spaff.

tonyd

Primary school with not just a fleet of bikes, but a fleet of Islabikes?! Shame I’m out of your catchment, our eldest starts school next year and I like the sound of yours :

igm

Elder son went from Cnoc14 to Beinn20 small.

Was a little large for him but an in line BMX seat post and a 40mm stem sorted it. At the time his legs were longer than his body – currently it seems the other way round.

Edit: nice DH stem that I might use sometime an a shim for both the steerer tubs and the bars.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Was a little large for him but an in line BMX seat post and a 40mm stem sorted it

Hmm, I’m tempted to scavenge the carbon inline post and carbon riser bars I have hanging doing nothing on an old bike and knock some weight off it…

mick_r

ir_bandito

I’ve sent you an email that might be useful.

Mick

stevehine

@ir_bandito

Not sure where you are based; but I’m just about to sell my sons small Beinn 20; it’s in pretty good nick; will dig out some pics if interested?

Steve

Gunz
    Free Member

Steve YGM if it’s free.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Here’s a Beinn 20 small next to a Cnoc 16 (and my Epic) which should give you some idea – the 20 is quite a lot bigger than the 16 – my son has the 16 saddle all the way up and looks quite big on the bike, but needs the saddle fully down on the 20 and struggles a little with it (he’s a tall 5 year old).

postierich
    Free Member

Any good
    DSCF2319[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

postierich
    Free Member

whoops wrong bikes! sorry

tthew

…not allowed to use rucsacs, only the school-issued book-bags…

OT I know, but could you not cut the straps off an old or cheap rucksack and sew them on? (or would that just be seen as taking the p***)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a picture of an Islabike Cnoc 14 with a Beinn 20 (Small)?’ is closed to new replies.