Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • anyone got a new superlight?
  • earl_brutus

fancy an upggrading of my 2001 superlight for a new one, whats the verdict??

slowrider
    Free Member

my old man had the old one, upgraded it for a new one 2 years ago. he loves it; still the same bike but better is how he describes it – a little bit lighter, less flexy, better tyre clearance and with a slightly longer fork more suited to his general all day trail riding.

megastream
    Free Member

I've got a 2010 model with the RP23, really can't fault it, superb in every way :mrgreen:

JoeBones
    Free Member

I have a 2007 one, brilliant

xcstu
    Free Member

excellent bike.. had a few santa cruz bikes… best one yet 😉

dickie
    Free Member

Check out a Morewood Zula too, WhatMTB said its the best 100mm frame they've ever ridden.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Thanks for asking Earl, I was thinking of doing exactly the same 🙂

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Upgraded to a new one couple of months ago from a 2002

As said, bit lighter, although I got an off-the-peg bike and the wheels are a bit heavier than my old XTR's, more tyre clearance, stiffer back end. Wasn't too sure about the SID Race forks that came with it as they had a reputation for being flexy but these newer one's are superb, really like them, and the basic Fox Float R is a lot better than my old Float RL, factory set pro-pedal seems spot on to me. Thinking of getting some Hope/Stans wheels with some ebay money burning a hole in my cyberspace pocket but that's all I'll upgrade.

Check the sizes though, my new large is slightly smaller and longer than my old large and I got a shorter higher stem for it.

Love it! 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a new superlight?’ is closed to new replies.