Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone got a Lezyne Super GPS?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Canyon have them up for £80 at the moment, i’m considering one, but have a question:

Thinking of using it on some longer road rides on routes i don’t know. Does the “turn by turn navigation” work well? I’d like to plan a route that the unit would guide me along. Does it rely on a mobile device to do this? If so, if i get lost, does the phone app have mapping to show where i am (i guess gmaps would do that)?

Whats your overall opinion of it? I don’t do straaaava, don’t want text/email/phone alerts. Just something to guide me along from A to B.

Ta

DickBarton

I have the super enhanced model…but I don’t use the navigation on it, relying more on my quest for the unknown element of surprise.

Battery lasts well and unit works well. Different layout to Garmin but not bad.

Only thing it doesn’t do is automatically start when you start the ride – a manual press to start recording. Garmin is similar but beeps an alert to say it has detected movement and asking to record – Lezyne doesn’t.

Happy with the Lezyne as it was cheaper than a Garmin and replaced my Garmin 500 – I wanted to upload without plugging into a computer.

richmtb

I’ve got the Super enhanced model too. Not tried the turn by turn on it, don’t really have any need for it, but yes it does use an app on a phone for this.

Battery life is very impressive and it will connect to bluetooth and ANT+ sensors.

alexh
    Free Member

Careful, the canyon one is not the current model. I don’t believe it has navigation like the current model.

I’ve just used mine and it paired flawlessly with my phone, HR strap and cadence sensors.

mechanicaldope

I almost brought one too but it does seem that the non enhanced version doesn’t have navigation. Happy to be proved wrong in which case I will also snap one up.

goss
    Free Member

I got the mk1 Super GPS, not enchanced. No navigation unless the latest update will change that.
    Be aware that the Lezyne mounts are a tat pricey compared to the Garmin mounts available.

DickBarton

How important is the turn-by-turn navigation? I’m asking as no-one that I ride with uses anything like that – even in new areas – we all just follow our noses and see where they end up.

I am expecting to be flamed for that suggestion, but it is genuine…I can’t see the need for it as the ride should be an adventure in it’s own right, so being told when to turn seems a bit odd (to me…and my mates).

Neb

Does the enhanced model have the option for 1 second recording frequency? I’m sick of my edge 25 removing data points and smoothing out the GPS trace.

DickBarton

I’ll need to check, I don’t know but I don’t think I’ve noticed smoothing. Apparently it also uses accelerometer sensors to detect movement so it knows if it has moved even before the gps signal has clocked movement. Stw did a write up on it a few months back and mentioned these sensors.

cuyahoga
    Free Member

Canyon are selling off what Lezyne refer to as “year 9” models, whereas the enhanced devices are “year 10” (or 2017 as everybody else calls it).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Lezyne Super GPS?’ is closed to new replies.