Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • anyone got a kenesis/decade tripster?
  • rOcKeTdOg

And got a real world review?

Also will 35mm cx tyres fit using 700c wheels?

Cheers

mustard
    Free Member

Had and yes.

Got it for touring, spent a month on it in Portugal and Spain. last year. Whaddya want to know?

It was comfortable, felt more so than my carbon rd bike, but still felt fast, especially unloaded. Rode up towards Pico Veleta from Capilera and kept going for ages after the tarmac ran out one night. The descent was mental, rocky & powdery fire road at high speed! Handled it with aplomb and that was with 35mm touring tyres (with mud guards).

When we came back 35mm Conti cross tyres went on and we spent a day messing about at Glentress on the green and blue trails.

Haven’t tried it with 26″ wheels yet but am going to build Claires up as a commuter with flat bars – it was a smidgen too big for her with drops but hopefully will make a good light fast commuter for her.

Mine is now relegated to the mantle piece – Part of the rear drop out bent and a courier conspired to make sure that it looked like it had been rear ended by an hgv so didn’t get warrantied. 👿 I was going to get a Kaffenback to replace it, and write it off as an expensive fork, but never got round to it – I just don’t think the Kaff will be as good…

EDIT: rims were A319s on mine and Open Pros on Claire’s

rOcKeTdOg

Sounds ideal, i’m looking for all day comfort rather than speed and the ability to do light off roading, what sort of weight was urs unladen?

Aidy
    Free Member

I’ve got one – it’s alright, but I’m not massively blown away.

What are you after it for? There seem to be an increasing number of options along the same theme.

rOcKeTdOg

Suggestions for other options welcome, looked at the pro6 cx frameset but website says it retains its “race” geometry so probably not ideal

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

What size you looking for? If mine doesn’t fit me for commuting, i’ll be selling.

Aidy
    Free Member

I think if you want to get a rack on it, there aren’t many better options (proper mount points, and chainstay mounted disc).

Else a Disco, perhaps? And I really like the look of the Cotic X.

mustard
    Free Member

Have no idea what they weighed but the certainly weren’t heavy – comparing them to the road bikes rather than mtbs.

rOcKeTdOg

Looked at the cotic but a few people have said they were surprised how heavy they are which has put me off slightly

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’ve got one. Really like it. Feels light, comfortable and fast, though the down side is it feels a bit unsteady and flexy when its loaded up too much. i’ve got 25mm tyres, narrow ‘guards and tortec velocity rack for fast commuting but i’ve had 35mm tyres in it without a problem. I’ve got the old fork DC19 fork which feels a bit too flexy for my liking. I’ve never weighed its lots lighter than the steel options (croix de fer/kaffenback etc.) and certainly doesn’t conform to the “aluminium is harsh” cliche.

I built it before the other options existed but if buying again i’d take a serious look at the Boardman CX.

Aidy
    Free Member

Looked at the cotic but a few people have said they were surprised how heavy they are which has put me off slightly

Odd, I thought when I looked at weights they were about the same as Tripsters.
    Can’t find the weight on Cotic’s website now though.

rOcKeTdOg

They might be the same, i was just going on info received

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a kenesis/decade tripster?’ is closed to new replies.