Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone got a head shaped like a jellybean?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Sadly my head is shaped like a jellybean (long front to back and narrow at the sides) and I’m really struggling to get a new open face helmet. Made worse by the fact I’m on the cusp of sizes with most manufacturers.

I’ve had a Fox Flux for about 6 years but even this wobbles from side to side if I ride with out a buff. I really want to get something new and have tried a whole range in the past 3 months (Bell, Met, Bontrager, Fox, TLD and Giro) – the best fit so far has been the TLD A2 but I’m not sure of the look TBH.

Anyone else struggle to find helmets that fit? Anyone got any suggestions?

richardkennerley

Yup, sounds like you’re describing my head there! I’ve had a fox flux and a bell super. With both of those I can tighten it as much as possible at the back but can still wobble it around with ease.

I tried a bontrager Rallye recently and thought that might be better, but need another go really. Would be interested to see what recommendations come out of this!

bigjim

Yes, I too have a jelly bean or as I call it an Alien head. I went from a fox flux to an IXS RS Trail and it’s the best fitting helmet I’ve had in 25 years.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’ve got a Rallye upstairs which I’m taking back – worse than my flux for wobble and also has some pressure points where the MIPS isn’t padded well enough unfortunately

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Specialized helmets are great for long/narrow head shape – I’ve tried several other brands but keep coming back to them.

confused58

Me too, I had a Bell super and had to pad the sides out, just tried and bought a Bell Sixer, much better fit as narrower.

grarea
    Free Member

Well, until recently, I never thought about it.
    Not sure how jelly bean it is, but it is also shallow.
    I have to remove front and back padding and put loads in at the side and on the top.
    Seems better with these ‘doing up wheel’ type thingamabobs.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

With the advent of MIPS it seems to be pointless if the helmet doesn’t fit properly.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Also in this camp.

My Troy Lee A1 has been pretty good. Though its due a change. Something a little better vented would be nice, but its a comfy helmet.

geex
    Free Member

Oh… that head

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Urge, Troy Lee, Poc and 661 all seem to fit a bit better for me (reasonably long headed)

edhornby

if you want xc/roadie style ones then the Kask Mojito is perfect – I have the jellybean head and the kask is the nicest one I’ve had

Bushwacked
    Free Member

This could be the one…

If only in my size 😂

tomd1984
    Free Member

Yay! I’m not alone. Yep, 661 definitely worth considering – the one I have at the mo fits well and is comfy all day. I also tried a Smith Forefront and that was comfy too.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Went and tried a few helmets today – The TLD A2 didn’t actually fit at well as I remembered – partly as I’m slap bank in between sizes.

The Fox Flux, Smith Strawhat and a few others weren’t great.

But the one which fitted really well was the Bell Sixer. Felt great, tightened up really well and no wobble. Awesome – just need to decide which colour to buy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a head shaped like a jellybean?’ is closed to new replies.