Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Anyone got a giro montaro helmet??
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I must be a delicate flower. When mine get a bit worse than that, it scratches my forehead.

iainc

I have 2 sets of unopened medium sized replacement pads, if anyone wants them for a tenner posted for the lot ?

these ones

no use to me anymore !

email in profile

BillOddie

Interestingly the Montaro is no longer on the Giro website…

http://www.giro.com/eu_en/products/men/helmets/dirt.html

Onzadog
    Free Member

Now that is interesting.

chiefgrooveguru

Interestingly the Montaro is no longer on the Giro website…

http://www.giro.com/eu_en/products/men/helmets/dirt.html

Yes it is.

jam-bo
    Onzadog
    Free Member

Weird, two of those links don’t have the montaro in when I view them on my phone.

goyawave
    Free Member

I’ll take em IainC. Will email you.

iainc

Cheers

forkbrayker
    Free Member

@jam bo …..sorry was bored at work and came back to this post from donkeys ago. whilst your pads arent too bad in that photo,… that is what i would class as knackered. i have a 3 year old POC helmet that looks in better nick than that!!. my Giro pads were much worse and as @onzadog said it scratches your head…. you should not see the brown internal material whatsover, once you see that then the seems have burst and they should be replaced

i had a battle with giro/CRC and was forced to use a new helmet after the 3 sets of returned padding, which again failed on its first ride. so got my money back eventually and bought a troylee A1…….. weirdly i’ve done about 160hrs hard riding and its as good as the day i unboxed them!!!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve still got a montaro but I think it’s helmet number 8. Switched from wiggle to Evans thinking getting it sorted in a local store would be quicker but it’s not the case.

medlow
    Free Member

Arrrggh Cr4p… Just noticed my Monatro pads are falling apart.

The long front pad, at the ends.
    My lid is a small grey, ordered April this year with the orange pads.
    Probably 20hrs riding and I dont sweat from my head much at all.

I have emailed Merlin cycles to see what they will do.

I LOVE my Montaro. But if Merlin offer a straight forward refund I might take it, as I suspect the replacement pads (if they chose to send me any) will be the same.

What a shame. Poor show Giro.

legend
    Free Member

Same here, mine has lasted 4 or 5 rides. Bought from Evans so I can just hand it in to the shop under warranty, annoying that the whole helmet needs to go back of course

iainc

Yep, they are shite, and the customer relations are full of it also. Real shame as I have always rated Giro, and my Synthe is a superb road lid. I am now on a Spesh Ambush for MTB and it fits as well as the Montaro, weighs a load less, and isn’t falling apart, so far.

joemmo
    Free Member

Same here, 2017 montaro. – about 6 weeks old. I took the pads out to wash them last night and the edges are peeling apart. So annoying as I like everything else about the lid.

legend
    Free Member

Anyone ever had a look to see if any of their other pads might fit?

1timmy1
    Free Member

I’m just waiting on my first set of replacement pads from CRC. I hope they stay together but looking at other people’s stories they probably won’t. At least I didn’t have to send the whole helmet in.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I was told that they changed the pad manufacturing process in Feb 2017 so any helmet before that has the stonky pads. However, they don’t know when all the old pads got used up.

Tried a new helmet dated May 2017 but didn’t even get to wear it as the visor mount was twisted.

Also learned that Tweeks have the most ridiculous returns process. For some reason, I have to wait for it to be inspected by the supplier. I’m still not sure why they couldn’t just refund the faulty one and sell me another instead. One to avoid in future.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I bloody love mine, it’s well comfy and looks classy. Falling apart pads: kinda, but it’s so good I don’t care.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you’re pads are kinda falling apart, it’s a different thing from those of us that have the special strength pad killing sweat. In under three hours, they become a corrugated brow saw.

You’re right though, it’s a great lid otherwise, which is why I’m trying to get past the pad issue.

jam-bo

Still running original pads…

onlysteel
    Free Member

You can take helmet pads out and wash them? Who’d have thought it.

legend
    Free Member

Foreign concept to me too tbh….. barely even had time to with this one anyway!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

I have found my pads open up at the seems when heavy sweating. Then seal back up next day / over night. IAINC did you sell your spare pads?

onedpete
    Free Member

I’ve been running a Chronicle for the last 4 months or so and it’s been great in every way, pads are still A1. I wonder if the Chronicle pad set would retro fit the Montaro? Could be a winner….

mahalo

may as well resurrect an old thread – snapped my visor, i can see replacements are readily available online but none of them say whether the bolts are included? anyone bought one? just curious as you can by the bolts separately… i lost one of mine when i snapped the visor…

Murray

No idea – I was lucky, only the bolt broke when I hit my head on a tree!

jam-bo

M5 disc bolt fits.

mahalo

boom! thumbs up

goyawave
    Free Member

If anyone needs new pads, i no longer need the ones IainC sold me. 2 sets still in the bag, I havent used them as my pads lasted longer than the helmet. I will also include 2 sets of visor bolts… all for a tenner.

iainc

😀

So what happened to the helmet then ? !

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Email sent about the pads 🙂

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Goyawave if the pads are L or XL I’ll have them. Email in profile. Ta.

goyawave
    Free Member

Helmet has a new root shaped ‘feature, in it, i sent you a photo Iain.

Pads are sold now.

andybrad

do we still have an issue with these pads?

jam-bo

nope. still on the originals 😉

joemmo
    Free Member

I thought mine ( 2017 model) were going to fall apart but after a little bit of peeling they seem to have held firm and I really like the helmet.

Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a giro montaro helmet??’ is closed to new replies.