Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone got a Drift HD Ghost – review/opinions wanted.
  • FieldMarshall

As per title.

Looking for a new headcam for an Alps trip in July.

Would like a remote and a screen to ensure it is set up correctly. So that rules out the Go Pro.

Ghost seems to fit the bill.

Any realworld feedback gratefully accepted.

FieldMarshall

Bump for evening crowd.

jam-bo

Would like a remote and a screen to ensure it is set up correctly. So that rules out the Go Pro.

Gopro iPhone (and I assume android) app works brilliantly.

FieldMarshall

Cheers i’ll look into that.

Is the go pro remote waterproof/mountable?

jam-bo

I think so. I just use the iPhone app to preview and get the angles right and then start/stop on the gopro.

DickBarton

I’ve got a Ghost…seems to be ok, but my setup is all wrong so I’ve yet to get any footage that is usable.

I got upgraded from 2 Drift HD cameras so I’ve got a load of mounts and spare battery for the Drift HD…the Ghost seems a better bit of kit but I think the interface is more polished. Dead easy to use and the Android app allows easy amends to settings (although it is still in beta and it looks like if you put the phone in sleep mode, it stops recording!

The onscreen monitor is very useful (no use for helmet mount for you though, someone else would need to look at it or you use the iphone/android app). thenunit is waterproof but the remote isn’t…but the remote does some fancy stuff tht I’m still to work out.

Battery seems much better than the Drift HD (but it is a higher capacity unit.

I still think it is a better buy than the GoPro, mainly because the unit has a screen on it without needing anything extra.

I’ve got a couple of Vimeo videos of the Drift HD – the Ghost is a similar quality footage.

https://vimeo.com/61666939

https://vimeo.com/66684013

carlos
    Free Member

Currently running with the Drift 720HD. Great bit of kit prob would have gone for the full 1080hd (but it was a gift) for the extra ££, £300 for the Ghost is a bit steep for a bit f kit that’d come out now and again.

Just got back from Sierra Nevada so here’s a bit of raw footage http://vimeo.com/68409007

No complaints here about the 720HD, I guess the more expensive Ghost is better again

FieldMarshall

Cheers for info/links.

Tbh more interested in having a remote option than the screen, as once it’s set up (either using screen or app) that’s it.

But think it would useful to be able to ride an unknown trail, get to a decent bit and be able to record easily on the fly.

Not sure how easy that would be with the Go Pro.

Had a bullet cam previously wired to mini DVR recorder. Good quality but was quite a faff to turn on/off, so generally just left it on. Ended up with hours of useless footage to edit out plus batteries ran down quick.

FieldMarshall

Apologies, now done a bit of digging and see that there is a wifi waterproof remote for the go pro and a LCD bacpac.

So that doesn’t help my decision making.

I hear the go pro battery life is poor. Is that true?

sillyoldman

You can use your phone with the GoPro to check set up using the WiFi function.
    More practical than looking at a screen on a camera on your head/chest…

DickBarton

What did you decide to go with? Work have recently bought 2 GoPro’s…cracking bits of kit but the battery life is very poor…I think they got about 1.5 hours total from the unit…the Drift lasts longer than that…the Ghost should go for about 4 hours constant (I think) and the previous models do around 2.5 hours constant (which I got from my previous Drift HD units).

Just curious to hear what you went for…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Drift HD Ghost – review/opinions wanted.’ is closed to new replies.