Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone got a Canyon Nerve XC
  • Sammo
    Free Member

Looking at splashing out on the Canyon Nerve XC 7.0 and not sure on the sizing. Used there size guide thing and they suggested the M, eqv to 18.5″ but I thought I’d be better on the Large 20″. What sizes have any of you got? I’m a tad under 6ft 2.
    Also, if I get it wrong how good are their returns?

Cheers in advance

chaos

Can’t help directly but at 5’9″ I was initially recommended Small but once I had input 32″ inside leg and relatively long arms for my height I then just scraped into the Medium size on their sizing calculator. Shortening the arm length by a centimetre put me back onto Small.

I expect it depends on your relative leg/arm/torso length so make sure you put them in accurately.

At the moment I have a Medium on order but am getting tempted by some of the 2011 model sales starting to appear in the local shops here in Poole who ultimately I would prefer to support, and have the backup of, so I may cancel it.

I don’t have any compunction in cancelling a german direct-sales manufacturer order!

lucien

Both my Specialized bikes I ride in a large size, so went for a large sized Nerve XC and it size wise it’s comparable.

Awesome ride, and cust service was 2nd to none. Don’t know about returns as I wouldn’t want to give it back

jumping_flea
    Free Member

I took delivery of a Nerve XC9 a couple of weeks ago.

I am 6ft3 ish and went for the 20inch (Large). I think I went for the right size, have riden it round Cannock, Rivi, local stuff and although I run the seat post at about 320mm it feels great. Wouldn’t want a bigger bike, as it feels nice an nibble in a large.

The only thing I may change is the Monkey bar. It is a low rise one, and I have been used to riding high rise ones, although I am warming to it.

mcboo
    Free Member

Returns are great, order what you think is right, sit on it, if it’s wrong send it back, no quibble.

Am 6’3, the sizer said L, I ended up XL and that was right. At 6’1 you are probably a L, but it depends on how you like to ride…..I shortened the stem on mine to get the perfect fit.

Sammo
    Free Member

Cheers for the info guys, I reckon I’ll go for the Large, had a fiddle with their calculator and increasing a few measurements by not many CM changes the recommendation.

Now I have to decide what to actually buy! Do i want the fuel ex 7, the Cube ams 130 team (from the CRC sale for £1599) orrr the Canyon Nerve xc 7.0??!
    To be honest I wont be disappointed with any of the above and I change my mind pretty much hourly of which one I want to get

streetvw
    Free Member

I’ve got a Nerve XC7 in medium (i’m 5’9″) and I love it, light, well built and fun to ride 😉

I would say that a large would be about right but get someone to help with your measurements to make sure they are right.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’d give Canyon a ring if you are at all unsure about sizing, they were very helpful with me.

The guy also said I could get the bike delivered and so long as I basically didnt take the pee and scratch it etc they would take it back and pay postage etc if I didnt like it!

I’m kind of like you though Im torn between the Nerve MR 8.0 and Giant Anthem X2!

postierich
    Free Member

5’10” here and I have ordered a medium got another 2 week wait though so unable to confirm I got the right size!

markrtw
    Free Member

I bought a Cube AMS 130 Team a week ago and so far I’ve been really impressed. Good weight, plenty of suspension settings to fiddle with to get it just so etc. The only thing was (as usual on a Cube) the overly long stem (120mm) which I swapped out imediately for an 80mm one.
    I actually went to the shop to look at a road bike, but then I saw the 130 Team in the fleash for the 1st time and was captivated. It looks so much better in the flesh than in the pictures I had seen in the catalogue. I tried a 29er & Scott Genius amonst other things, but I loved the handling on the Cube and so had to have it. A work colleague was also there at the time, gave it a spin round the block and came back saying it was pretty special. The CRC sale price is very good also (£100 better then I managed to negotiate with my LBS). Though whatever you choose from your list, I’m sure you wont be disappointed.

Sammo
    Free Member

Just bought the Cube AMS 130 Race off CRC for a bit under £2k, someone beat me to it with the Team model, so I had no other option but to spend a bit more and get the Race! Bit of an impulse buy but hey ho! I shall hopefully get to ride it this weekend providing it gets here in time, I’ll let you know how it goes!

Pretty damn excited…

townydc
    Free Member

Hi, I was just about to reply and noticed you bought a Cube, i was going to say i’m too just under 6ft 2″ and the Canyon calculator recommended a medium for me. I rang the uk centre and the guy on the phone said with my height and leg measurement (33cm) i’d be better off getting a large and ignoring the calculator. He also said compare it to your current bike. I ride a 19″ Gary Fisher Paragon and the geometry is near as dammit the same so I will be opting for a 20″ large when i buy one. I ummed and aahed over one of these or a Spesh Camber Comp but the spec on the Nerve far outshines the Camber so a Canyon it is then. hope you like your new Cube, a friend of mine has the XMS and loves it.
    Towny

markrtw
    Free Member

I hope its a great bike for you.

Sammo
    Free Member

It came today and just got back in from its christening ride, very happy! Fits perfectly, looks awesome and feels great. Came built up in a huge box, all I had to do was put the bars on, and it came with a load of free stuff too! Bag, bottle, multi tool, a few energy tablets and even a different coloured stem face plate 😀 Can’t wait to get some more rides in on it

postierich
    Free Member

Damn you I want my nerve now!!!!

Sammo
    Free Member

haha, the 4day wait was bad enough for me, how many more weeks til your canyon arrives?

postierich
    Free Member

Next week but its getting delivered to my old address as i have moved since and they will not change the delivery address so a 140 mile drive to pick up when it does 🙁

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Next week but its getting delivered to my old address as i have moved since and they will not change the delivery address so a 140 mile drive to pick up when it does

If it’s an effort to change an address on a computer before they send the bike out then I’d cancel. You’ve got no hope of an exchange of a physical part if needed…

postierich
    Free Member

Address changed through the uk chap just received this email 🙂

Your order is currently being processed and will be handed over to UPS within
    the next 48 hours. You will then receive a confirmation of dispatch from us by e-mail together
    with the tracking number of the consignment. The tracking number allows you to
    constantly monitor the status of the consignment via Internet.

With best wishes,
    The Canyon Team

ventanarider
    Free Member

wanted a strive before going to morzine at the end of the month but all 2011 models are sold out so i will have to wait for a 2012. just hope they don’t lower the spec as some of the big boys do each year !

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Canyon Nerve XC’ is closed to new replies.