Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone got a Cannondale TopStone?
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

As per title really. Looking to purchase one a replacement for my ageing CX bike and 29er hardtail I no longer use. Hoping it might really be one bike to do it all, from road rides, forest/gravel trails and natural riding.

scud
    Free Member

Not i, but mate i ride with all the time bought one on Saturday, beautiful paint on it and really useful mounts, with 3 bottle cage bolts on downtube and two on top of top tube for a bag, he just bought the base model one with Sora and plans to upgrade, but he was enjoying it yesterday on our usual mix of road and bridleways.

parkesie
    Free Member

I’m waiting for 1

jim29
    Free Member

Hi, Yep, I’ve got the 105 version.
    I got a bit fed up with my GT Grade’s lack of tyre fit options, bottom bracket, and full cable routing.
    I’m obviously biased but I think the Topstone is the perfect bike for the UK light-mtb/gravel/mixed surface scene.
    The internal cable routing is obviously ideal for UK conditions, whilst the geometry is well thought out; having a short rear end and quite slack fork, so tricky descents are no problem, but handling on the road is still sweet.
    Despite being a Cannondale, they’ve graciously stuck an external BB on it, so that’s one less obvious thing to go wrong.

I’ve got a second set of, Hunt, wheels on mine, with some 38mm Gravelkings for dry/tarmac duties, and it shifts along on a road jaunt fairly well on these, although it’s obviously not like 25mm road tyres.
    The stock wheels/tyres on the 105 model are made by WTB, and are possibly the easiest wheels I’ve ever set up tubeless, and have been so good off road that I’ve not switched them out for Gravelking SKs as I’d planned…yet.

As scud said, loads of bottle/bag mount options, and guard mounts too if you end up using on road mostly.

I’m so impressed that I’m considering getting a Sora model for commuting duties.

No I’m not paid to say this, just a big fan! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Cannondale TopStone?’ is closed to new replies.