Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone got a 1.5" headset press ?
  • steel4real
    Free Member

Hi there – if anyone has got a headset press with 1.5″ adaptors, ideally a Cyclus one, could you measure the diameters of the adaptor parts (I’m assuming that they will be stepped with different diameters like my 1 1/8″ ones) and post them on here so I can turn some of my own ?

andrewh
    Free Member

I use a bench vice for all headsets. Do it one cup at a time and it’s perfect.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Lump of wood and a hammer. Bloody amateurs.

robbo
    Free Member
    MrFart
    Free Member

I just get my GF to squeeze them between her thighs.

Mugboo

Defo Market for some to upgrade all the press’s out there.

steel4real
    Free Member

I see – none of you could or would actually answer the question but somehow still felt compelled to post your ‘replies’.

Clowns arses. Typical STW – good for buying & selling and occasional titbits but don’t expect a useful reply unless you post about claiming to suffer from depression/illness/lack of ability/it’s raining OR pose as a woman !

😉

(Mugboo excepted – as I agree & prefer to use the correct tools for the job especially when a frame costs up of £1500 & the headset alone only costs twice that of a decent press)

granny_ring

Not that I need them at the moment but I’d like some of these adapters too for my cyclus, just in case. 🙂

Mugboo

When your as hamfisted as me you need the right tools!

Put me down for one if you find the right dimensions please?

steel4real
    Free Member

Well I will have to see what I can find out. I don’t even know if the actual adaptors are stepped for the larger sizes.
    If not then it’s just case of getting or making a big enough ‘washer’.
    No one seems to have one there must be a friendly bike shop somewhere that has one !?

rob2
    Free Member

I had this problem and in the end used a spare bottom headset cup from a on one smoothie tapered on my normal headset press. A bodge but works fine.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

threaded bar, 2 bolts and 2 washers. piece of pee one five five

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a 1.5" headset press ?’ is closed to new replies.