Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • anyone gone from.mono m4 to evo m4
  • kwack
    Free Member

Thinking of treating myself and wondered if anyone else has done this and could say what improvements they found

Cheers
    Kwack

lank45
    Free Member

I did, went from old black and gold mono m4s to newer style evo m4s. Both were/are on 200mm front/180mm rear floating rotors and both had/have braided hoses.

I used to find I could cook the old mono m4s quite easily, where the new ones I can’t. There is much easier adjustment with the evos, which is good for me as I like my levers with next to no movement and at a long reach.

Braking performance wise there is not a huge amount of difference, the evos need no real effort for braking, and as such I’ve found on long alpine descents I get less arm pump compared to the monos. Servicing wise, it is the same story with both, piece of cake to work on and spares can be had anywhere.

Besides that, I prefer the look and lever feel of the evos, and the silver calipers don’t look as battle scared so easily.

Go on, treat yourself, you know you want to!

If you listen to the haters on here, Hope brakes are heavy, overpriced poop that don’t work.

Personally I love my Tech M4’s

I’d be having a look at the EVO 3 (I think that’s what they are called anyway)

kwack
    Free Member

I love Hope gear – looks great and work just right over the past 12 years that I have had Hope brakes.

Just thinking whether to go for the braided hoses as well?

Also anyone seen any deals on these brakes at moment?

Cheers
    Kwack

jonk

I went from mono M4 to Tech M4 and they are much better. Firstly the calliper has equal piston sizes so you don’t get the rubbing like with the monos. The lever is good with the reach and pad adjustment. Never boiled either brake. The only problem is fitting shifters with tech levers…. proper crap!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘anyone gone from.mono m4 to evo m4’ is closed to new replies.