Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone gone from freelancing into a ‘proper’ paid job … experiences?
  • Aus
    Free Member

Been freelancing (marketing-y-research-y stuff) for 10 years … poss got the option of a proper job, doing the same type of thing but as an employee. Hours will be regular (maybe a bit more but not easy to bunk off for a ride!), there’ll be significant commute time rather than walking to the spare room, pay regular, no fighting to win pitches, but pay will prob be a bit less, but stress will be less too.

Anyone done this switch – is it easy to be an employee after being one’s own boss, doing it the company’s way, working regularly rather than ‘feast-famine’ schedule???

Ta

grumm
    Free Member

I kind of did, though I am basically now a salaried employee at a place where I used to do most of my freelance work anyway. I’m a bit less flexible now, but it sure is nice to have a guaranteed income and paid holidays etc.

Seems like it might not be a bad idea in the current financial climate – nowt to stop you going back again in a year or two if you don’t like it.

Stoner
    Free Member

I could never go back. Been freelance for a few years now. The freetime, the profitability, the freetime, the working from home, the freetime, ….. could never be replaced by the “security” of PAYE.

grumm
    Free Member

The main reason I did it was actually so I could get a bike on cyclescheme 😛

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone gone from freelancing into a ‘proper’ paid job … experiences?’ is closed to new replies.