Anyone gone from freelancing into a ‘proper’ paid job … experiences?

Home Forum Chat Forum Anyone gone from freelancing into a ‘proper’ paid job … experiences?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone gone from freelancing into a ‘proper’ paid job … experiences?
  • Aus

Been freelancing (marketing-y-research-y stuff) for 10 years … poss got the option of a proper job, doing the same type of thing but as an employee. Hours will be regular (maybe a bit more but not easy to bunk off for a ride!), there’ll be significant commute time rather than walking to the spare room, pay regular, no fighting to win pitches, but pay will prob be a bit less, but stress will be less too.

Anyone done this switch – is it easy to be an employee after being one’s own boss, doing it the company’s way, working regularly rather than ‘feast-famine’ schedule???

Ta

grumm

I kind of did, though I am basically now a salaried employee at a place where I used to do most of my freelance work anyway. I’m a bit less flexible now, but it sure is nice to have a guaranteed income and paid holidays etc.

Seems like it might not be a bad idea in the current financial climate – nowt to stop you going back again in a year or two if you don’t like it.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

I could never go back. Been freelance for a few years now. The freetime, the profitability, the freetime, the working from home, the freetime, ….. could never be replaced by the “security” of PAYE.

grumm

The main reason I did it was actually so I could get a bike on cyclescheme 😛

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone gone from freelancing into a ‘proper’ paid job … experiences?’ is closed to new replies.