• This topic has 86 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Anyone found any actual bargains on Prime Day?
  • FuzzyWuzzy

Seems very underwhelming to me, the Amazon devices probably being the best deals. I was hoping the Spot would be 40-50% off but it’s only 25% so not bothering 🙁 The Show looks a good deal, just I don’t want one of those.

I tend to agree with the BBC/Which https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44846356

Drac

Exploding Kittens Card Game for half price sorted for this year’s holiday game.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep it’s a pressure sale con really except in this case they have generated the hype not just relied on a holiday/occasion. There will be some very good analytics going on to pick the date, probably to coincide with pay days, spending habits, distance from Christmas and holidays coming up.

Actually would like to see it from the inside now

Murray

99p Amazon Music Unlimited for 4 months

legend
    Free Member

Gro-clock for £13 is rocking my world today

jimdubleyou

It’s Amazon’s “get rid of all the crap nobody actually needs” day again.

Sometimes, they have some real bargains. e.g. if you want a Phillips Hue light strip, they are 50% off. In previous years, I’ve saved a fair bit on that sort of thing.

We need some really useful boxes – I expect they will be 20ish% off, and cheaper than costco so I will get some.

Kryton57

I’ve been waiting since the last Black Friday to get a Kindle Paperwhite at a reduced price, now done.

cp

20% off ‘used’ warehouse deals is worth having.  Just picked up some bits very cheap indeed, even after paying for a month of prime….

molgrips
    Free Member

Echos are £60 down from £90.

househusband

Got one of these for half-price – had my eye on one for a while:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00T1T4UWA/

DrP

Just bought an inflatable hot tub, cha-mey !!!!!!

DrP

jimdubleyou

Just bought an inflatable sex pond, cha-mey !!!!!!

FTFY 🙂

kelron
    Free Member

I got some cheap towels (exciting) and Ghost Recon Wildlands for minus £4. If you have student prime there’s some decent deals, extra discount on some things and £15 off a £60 spend.

DrP

Also Beats solo3s at £149 is a bargain…

DrP

GrahamS

In a related PSA – look at http://smile.amazon.co.uk

Earn money for your nominated charity as you sate your consumer lusts.

5lab

i got a ‘used’ (ie probably just the box opened) 170mm reverb for £95. There was only 1, sorry 😀

curiousyellow
    Free Member

All tat from what I can see apart from the Bezos Brand Home Eavesdropping Devices!

Those boxes looked good, but they’re not on offer 🙁

On the lookout for some garage shelving, but can’t see anything decent.

rene59
    Free Member

I got a fire tv stick thingy for £25. Probably been that price or lower before but I needed something to stream netflix on.

Tempted by the hue lightstrip plus extension deal for £50 but don’t really have a need for it, already have one behind the TV. Would have prefered a deal on the twin pack of colour bulbs but that’s only available along with the hub which I don’t need another.

DezB
    Free Member

Massively overpriced pay-for-the-brand headphones become less stupidly overpriced! Bargin!

Drac

I shouldn’t have looked at the Garmin Smart Watches.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

not if you value sound quality…

funnily enough the chap PX ones actually sound OK

matt_outandabout

Exploding Kittens Card Game for half price sorted for this year’s holiday game.

Beware the Nope Ninja.

DrP

Massively overpriced pay-for-the-brand headphones become less stupidly overpriced!

ooh..the nay sayers are out!!

Soo…. listening to ‘the reviews’ I bought myself a pair of Jabra Revo headphones.

“much better than beats” they said…

…”much cheaper than beats” they said….

……..”beats are a waste of money” they said….

The jabra sound ‘okay’…but compared to my wife’s rose gold beats, they are terrible. They are also uncomfortable, and loose, and last less than half the time.

So..i bought myself some black beats; I would say they sound WAY better than the Jabras (£100). And the Senheisser cable headphones I had before (about £90 i think).

ANd they connect via bluetooth with a range that is INCREDIBLE…. ON holiday I left my phone in the pool bag hanging on an umbrella…wandered about 40m to the pool bar, and was still listening…

So.,….. DrP rates Dr Dre!!!!

Dez…go do one 😉

DrP

DezB
    Free Member

Dun wun 😛

“Actual bargains” though 😉

dmorts

Worx Hydroshot. £94 last week as sold by Amazon……

£129.99 today, especially for Prime customers

Price history ->

fasthaggis

I just bought a Globefeld seal grey mens designer sport watch.

£110 off and it looks way better than that Yamaha tat that Kryton posted. 😉

I don’t even need a watch, in fact I can’t even tell the time,but hey you ain’t alive if ya ain’t spending.

Muh ha  ha  ha ha h a ha

rone

20% off ‘used’ warehouse deals is worth having.

Is that on again. No info showing up on my app.

I got some amazing deala from that but over time they narrowed to 20% stuff.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

this year’s holiday game.

If it’s supposed to keep you entertained for any length of time may i suggest taking something else as well, just in case you know.

Drac

If it’s supposed to keep you entertained for any length of time may i suggest taking something else as well, just in case you know.

It’ll used briefly in the evenings if at all the rest of the time we’ll be on the beach, canoeing, walking, bbqs, high ropes and as many other activities we can squeeze in.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

well all I know is that the Solo2 are shockingly bad, but the EP (not PX…), which are 2/3rd the price, are actually reasonably decent.

So they must have made a big change going to the Solo3.

Sennheisers used to be consistently decent but I bought a pair that were cr8p, so I have no confidence in the brand now.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Hmmmm.  I suspect this review may have been doctored.

kelron
    Free Member

Worx Hydroshot. £94 last week as sold by Amazon……

£129.99 today, especially for Prime customers

Price history ->

Yup. Camel is pretty much essential for Amazon shopping. Wish I’d noticed when it was cheaper though as I want one of these!

DrP

Bear in mind, that ^^ Is for the basic kit… about a year ago you could get the ‘whole kit’ with folding bucket and other bits, for about £130…

DrP

DT78
    Free Member

could someone link the light stripe deal? not coming up on my search…?

kelron
    Free Member

The whole kit was £100 6 weeks ago, then back up to the £170 rrp for a few days before today so they can ‘discount’ it again.

shuhockey
    Free Member

Sony Rx100 iv, which means my mark ii version is on the classified “Stealth Add” not very stealthy

hot_fiat

7” Fire Kids Tablets for £60 is pretty cheap.

Got a PSU for my dashcam for just over half what most places are selling them for.

Kryton57

Sigh.  Womens intuition eh?

Sitting looking at my numbers for work I see I’ve got a commission payment I’d forgotten about coming in July’s pay day, no longer had I started dreaming of biking components then literally 3 minutes later Mrs K phones up and says “Well, now that they’ve got a sale on…”

So now you can add a Spot, Dot and pink girls bedside time teaching alarm clock with night light to my list.  Commission pretty much gone.

Drac

You could say no.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Anyone found any actual bargains on Prime Day?’ is closed to new replies.