• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone fitted a Stealth Reverb to a Cotic Rocket 275?
  • jimw
    Free Member

….if so, how did you manage to get the hose through the slot in the seat pivot tube!?!!

I have tried all the methods I can think of short of dismantling the drop link pivot and removing the bearings and bearing spacers to help the hose round the corner from inside.

I am wondering if the tube was welded slightly out of position……

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Correct tools and know how…. 😉

http://www.parktool.com/product/internal-cable-routing-kit-ir-1

Maybe if you can get a old gear/brake cable through and up the seat post tape the hose to the cable and pull it back through (I took the lever off and threaded it that way)

jimw
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply, but they won’t really help.
    The stealth has a connectamajig which means rather than being fed from the bottom as suggested in the manual, it has to come in from the top and that angle is very awkward
    I have managed to get wires and even 4mm gear cable outer ’round the corner’ from the top, but the problem with any of the ‘correct’ tools is that the part that screws into the hose then makes the hose too stiff at the point of contact with the slot to bend round the very narrow space allowed for in the design, or at least the way my frame has been put together. Tape on the hose just jams in the slot- I know, i’ve tried

I know it is possible as on Cotic’s website one of their demos’s has a stealth on it, I just can’t see how it is done with my frame. perhaps theirs didn’t have the connectamajig?

parkstar
    Free Member

It may defeat the point of the connectamajig, but just remove it, feed it through, and re fit it. Might need to bleed it after

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

On some stealth routed frames you are better off not using the connectamajig but using the small red connector SRAM supply with the post. In this case you would feed a piece of gear outer up through the exit hole, past the pivot and out the top of the seat tube. Then remove the lever and use the little red thing to connect the lever end of the hose to the end of the gear outer. Pull the outer back down and job’s a good un

EDIT One of these:

jimw
    Free Member

As far as I can see the connectajig is swaged onto the hose so can’t easily be removed from it.
    I have removed the hose from the remote to feed through

I was using the red connector shown above, it is too long and makes the hose too stiff to get round the angle in the frame. hence my initial question!

jekkyl

Email Cotic and ask.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

well that what I used the tool to fit a steath post onto a SMALL cotic rocket frame.
    was a bit tight but it was done, the biggest issue I can was getting the post into (down) the frame enough to get the correct hight. (small rider)
    Like I said I removed the remote control off and threaded down the post, get the run correct, then trim hose.

Also I did take the QR connection off & connect the hose straight to the post so it can be done

jimw
    Free Member

I have emailed Cy, but as they are off until January 4th, I thought I’d try here just to see if I’d missed anything obvious. Thanks for al the replies so far, however I am beginning to think the slot in the tube is very slightly out of alignment-just enough to cause my problems. Oh well, I can wait a week to see what he thinks.

jimw
    Free Member

Sorry Rob, our posts crossed. Good to know it can be done! My frame is a large if it makes any difference

I may have to loose the connectamajig then, have another go at feeding in from the bottom and get a suitable barb to connect to the base of the post.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fitted a Stealth Reverb to a Cotic Rocket 275?’ is closed to new replies.