• This topic has 17 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by si77.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone fancy going to Madeira with me?
  • No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

I’m planning a trip with Freeride-Madeira to do some enduro and perhaps also some XC 21st-28th Feb next year. As the minimum number to secure a booking is two people I am at least one short! If anyone is interested in coming along let me know, email in profile.

Akers

I often travel solo for bike trips myself. It can sometimes make things trickier in terms of cost and logistics.
    Freeride Madiera is on my ‘Must Ride’ list, but February is not possible for me. Good luck in you search :0)

RobHilton
    Free Member

Will there be cake?

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

Probably some Madeira wine as well! Although I have a feeling their Madeira cake is nothing like ours.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Shame its a bit too soon for me and I’d wonder about riding level too. Madeira is on my want list and The only reason I’m not planning on going very soon is because the riding level of my fella isn’t quite what I want when spending a chunk of money seeing as he’ll want to ride with me constantly.

dknwhy

I’m in NY unfortunately. Are you set on dates?

bartesque

I said to the baker, “How come all your cakes are 50p & that one’s £1?” He said, “That’s Madeira cake”

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

The dates are rather fixed (although might reconsider if no takers are found!) as my boyfriend is going skiing then but I’d rather spend my money on a mountain biking holiday 🙂

Trekster

I have been twice, both times on package holidays with MrsT. I just booked odd days, hired a bike and they pick up at your hotel. Bit of potluck who your riding companions may be. Had some good rides.
    I would love to go but Basquemtb is being discussed by my group.
    What’s the current cost of a trip?

johnjn2000

What sort of cost are we talking for the package, and how fit & skilled do I need to be? 🙂

Trekster

Skill level depends on what you want to do. I just wanted to go for a ride and get a free tour of the North end of the island. On one ride we had a couple on their honeymoon who had never ridden off road before!! However they were fit, could ride and we had a great time
    They will tailor the ride to the groups level, tough on really good riders

Book your ride

Pedro was our guide

fakiee
    Free Member

I would be up for that, sounds fun. Will have to up my fitness tho!

Poopscoop

ASL? 😉

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I’m great at spooning but not a fan of penetration unless I’m giving of course.

Besides I need to get my monies worth out of my matching camouflage crocs and thong trunks. Only been to Mykonos and Sitges this year so a pretty quiet year so far TBH.

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

The cost is currently €795 – €959 depending on accommodation.That includes obviously accommodation, guiding, shuttling and airport transfers. I’m an ok cook so happy to prepare some meals to keep the cost down. Flights are currently selling at £160 return from Manchester.
    As far as riding ability goes I’m pretty good on natural terrain both up and down, but you won’t see me do those huge jumps they show on their video! I used to teach skills courses so I am very patient with riders less experienced than me (up to a point!) and will do my absolute best to keep up with riders faster than me. As mentioned by earlier in the thread Freeride will tailor the package to suit the group. I am hoping to do at least 3-4 days of enduro with the shuttling to get the fun out of not having to peddle up and perhaps 1-2 days of cross country if it means finding some stunning remote locations, but I’m happy to compromise. As far as ASL: 45, female, Peak District/Yorkshire Dales (half the week in each).

DrP

I’d have been well up for this…but got my kids and the Brighton half that weekend!

Oh wells!

DrP

dumbbot
    Free Member

One of our riding group went with them, had a great time but did say the riding was ‘a bit tasty’. Fair play though it brought his riding on a good bit.

Does sound tempting, Im already dreaming about next years holiday as the weather has turned to utter shite this week.

si77

I’m very tempted. Would prefer to be more xc biased though. Perhaps I could just pootle off on my own on the days when everyone else is shredding the gnarr.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fancy going to Madeira with me?’ is closed to new replies.