anyone fancy building me a website for £150?

Home Forum Chat Forum anyone fancy building me a website for £150?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • anyone fancy building me a website for £150?
  • turneround

….and can make sure that the spell check is pressed

RAGGATIP

Wot’s spell cheque?

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

yes PP Gift wright know

Premier Icon gofasterstripes
    Subscriber

Might be able to hook you up….

I’ll ask someone for you.

EDIT:

I sent him yr email addy – maybe he’s up for it IDK see what you get in yr inbox. His name is Mark [no, not that one]

warton

you do realise that money will get you a days work, at the most…

Subscriber

Depends how charitable they are 🙂

My friend seems fairly keen in theory.

turneround

got the logo, got the domine, got the site just aint got the time / knowhow to get it uup and running. Its for my MBLA tutor and BC coaching work…. so needs someone who knows biking 🙂

one_sphATyahoo.co.uk

Subscriber

Just nudged him about this again.

Premier Icon maxray
    Subscriber

A day of someone’s nephew in their bedroom maybe 😉

Subscriber

Why is charging a lot considered a good thing?

The chap I’m talking about is programmer for a large Co. He says programming is not hard, anyone can do it, you just need to learn and practice.

Hell, I used to do a little in BASIC and Pascal/Delphi and a little machine code . I was the best in my class at A-level. Sure I’ve not used it or practiced in 10 years, but I don’t remember it being hard, you just need to get on with it.

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

The chap I’m talking about is programmer for a large Co. He says programming is not hard, anyone can do it, you just need to learn and practice.

It’s more than just programming though.

andybanks

A days work?

I run a web agency and freelancers cost us over £225 per day when we’re committing to 3 months plus contracts with them.

If you want a site for £150 then get it on elance or similar. A student or offshore guy will build you the world for that budget – but it’ll be crap.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Depends. If you want a simple page or two with some blurb and info on it, I might be interested. Would be pretty simple though.

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

90% of a website is the design bit, the code is the easy bit and you can just that off the shelf unless you really need something special.

havinalaff

Try darren at precious web http://www.preciousweb.co.uk/

Hes pretty good and cheap. Email him.

Rich

Lazgoat

Look into a WordPress site and buy yourself a template that matches your style. There are numerous template stores that you can buy them from and some are very good. You then get a very good looking site with allot of potential and you’ll get good practice learning WordPress.

Rorschach

These guys look mint

bigtimebones

I will do it.

Head over to http://www.greygorilla.co.uk to see an example of my work.

Contact details on there if you are happy with it.

johndoh

footflaps – Member
    90% of a website is the design bit, the code is the easy bit and you can just that off the shelf unless you really need something special.
    POSTED 6 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Hahahah!

And I own a web design business – *good* code is not easy or quick. I can knock out a design in a few days, a build and WP integration is normally a two week (minimum) stage.

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

And I own a web design business – *good* code is not easy or quick. I can knock out a design in a few days, a build and WP integration is normally a two week (minimum) stage.

Except that 95% of websites don’t need custom code, they just run of standard packages eg wordpress etc. It’s only the 5% that have dedicated coders writing bespoke stuff.

johndoh

Unless you have pride in what you expect from yourself and reasonably expect clients to want from you Footflaps.

Subscriber

LOL-la-LOL Badger’s arse…. eh hehehe.

turneround

cheers guys, lots of replies all answered 🙂

I didn’t know what the going rate was, the cash I suggested was off the top of my head so sorry if I caused offence..

parkesie

Maybe give crc a bell and ask who did they’re new site?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘anyone fancy building me a website for £150?’ is closed to new replies.