Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone ever used a sensah groupset ?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I have a caad x frame kicking about the house and thinking of building it up to use for some cx races this year. Was going to go for shimano parts but the price of them right now, even second hand, is ridiculous.

I can get a sensah empire group set (shifters, mechs, casstte and chain) for about 120 quid. I’ve seen the trace velo review and other than the front mech being rubbish (not a concern I have a shimano one available) it’s apparently pretty decent

The other thing ill need is brake calipers. Given its a daft pm at front, fm at back combo I’m thinking of going for a couple of cheapo cable/hydro options from China. I use to have trp spyres on it, which were crap and seem to be unavailable anywhere currently anyway

Anyone got any experience of the kit mentioned above? Should be said this is a cheap budget build which will be used on my turbo trainer mainly, but also for the odd cx race . So cost is a consideration

Ta

codybrennan
    Free Member

Nothing direct, but Trace Velo (YouTube) seems to rate the updated versions of Sensah. As to cable hydros; the Juin Tech ones are great, as are TRP Hy-Rds.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I have the trp hydros on a winter bike and they are ok. Wouldn’t want them on an mtb but fine for road and gravel

The ali express versions are about a quarter of the price of those however so I’m a bit dubious as to quality!

swampi
    Free Member

I have 4 or 5 sets,SRAM version,works fine, very light action for shifting, quite a large sweep for changing up, for the money they are great

wzzzz
    Free Member

I have microshift on a road bike, its mmm OK

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever used a sensah groupset ?’ is closed to new replies.