Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone ever traveled to Pula, Croatia?
  • plyphon
    Free Member

We are looking to get to Pula, Croatia.

Has anyone done this journey? It seems stupidly complicated for 2013 to get to this city.

For a start there is only direct flights once a week, on exactly the days we don’t want to go – and they’re quite expensive.

The next option is fly to Trieste and transfer down – but all the transfer sites are (obviously) in Croatian and are a bit hard to figure out – anyone done this?

Any help appreciated…!

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve flown into Rijeka, then travelled to Opatija. Google maps say its an hour and a half odd to Pula from Rijeka. Looks like Ryan air fly there if you can stomach it. Only a couple of hours flight though.
    Never been, but was told Pula was very resort-y.
    The Islands in the south are nice. My favorite place is Bol on Brac (fly into split). Great for watersports and not too busy.

lasty
    Free Member

Been there a couple of times but I drove …
    Pula is ok but head for the islands – much less touristy and more room to enjoy the beautiful country..

29erKeith
    Free Member

Korcula a few hours from Dubrovnik is well worth a look if your not set on Pula.

We had amazing few weeks there, beautiful island. Watersports, MTBing, walking, great food & drink, history and close enough for day trips to Debrovnik on the hydrofoil too. We’ll go again for sure.

simonlovesrocks
    Free Member

We passed through in 2009 as part of some wider travels again we were driving but its not far from Trieste, small bus would be the best option.

Again like other have said it OK in Pula and around Istria but the island around that area are far more interesting

The Island of Cres is a great place to spend a week ! quite with the usual sights but very quiet compared to the rest of Istria has some great seafood restaurants (think a mass of static caravans full of German and Italians)

konabunny
    Free Member

Pula’s great. The campsite is fabulous – a little peninsula forest park with a regular bus into the centre of town. Awesome coliseum. They had openair movies inside the fort when I was there.

I have flown into Trieste 2-3 times and stayed in Pula (once instead of studying for uni exams…). Its’s very simple. You get the bus from the airport into town, and then there is another coach from the Trieste bus station to Pula. Details here: http://www.autostazionetrieste.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=0

Rijeka isn’t very far away and might be quicker. Details of buses (indeed all intercity buses in Croatia) from here: http://www.autobusni-kolodvor.com/en/terminal.aspx?k=5&d=191

plyphon
    Free Member

Cheers Konabunny – going to look into that option!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever traveled to Pula, Croatia?’ is closed to new replies.