Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone ever painted / had painted Pace RC31 forks?
  • sheck

My new brown paintjob (commissioned because I didn’t want a black Roadrat – the irony!) doesn’t look right with carbon – so I can either buy some old steel forks and spray to match, or I can paint my existing RC31s?

Experiences – ideally with pics – would be most welcome

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have no relevant experience, but this sounds like a terrible idea which is certain to go horribly wrong. 😯

How bad can he carbon/brown clash possibly be? 🙂

sheck

BD – I think it’s the combination of brown frame, silver finishing kit and carbon that’s the problem. I guess my other option would be black finishing kit – thus helping the carbon to blend in (the silver makes it look more retro). I know I’m being a prima donna, but this is the 1st time I’ve splashed on a decent paint job, so it seems worth getting the overall look right?

sheck

BigDummy
    Free Member

Oh wow! Like it.

I’d stick with the silver finishing, but get an orange wrap decal for the fork leg I think.

sheck

Struggling with the new Fotopic linking (they used to have a number to delete, but it’s not their anymore, anyway – part build pics here
    http://www.nickheckscher.fotopic.net/p58447384.html

BD – I have some orange KonaLight decals for the forks, the question is, on painted RC31s, naked RC31s or brown P2s?

Marmoset
    Free Member

How’s about some Vinyl wrap? You can stick it on yourself and take it off when you want to change colour scheme….

tinsy
    Free Member

What a great idea marmoset… Cant see why they cant be painted using the right paint, but rekon marmoset’s idea is a winner. That way they will keep all their value if you ever sold them on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever painted / had painted Pace RC31 forks?’ is closed to new replies.