Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • anyone ever bought parts and paid via western union?
  • turneround

guy replied to an ad i popped up on weightweenies for some DA parts, doenst do paypal but can do westernunion….. my scam radar picked up on this… any protection if this payment option was used?

tomhoward

I’d avoid it at all costs! No experience of it but the amount of horror stories make me think it’s not worth the risk!

turneround

thats what i’m thinking….

epicyclo

Once. Never got the parts.

turneround

well, deals off….. cheers all

turneround

this has got me thinking… does using paypal (which we all do) to buy parts (off ebay etc) offer any protection?

piha
    Free Member

Can I be of assistance?

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Hello cood I have bank account and sort cord details please. Salutations from Mr Qwagmbu

takisawa2

We used Western Union when we transferred money to Africa (Gambia), when we bought our place over there. 🙂

And it was fine. Just expensive.

Picture above made me laugh though. I was expecting our lawyer over there to be like him, but he wasnt. He did sound a bit like the Phonejacker bloke though 🙂

tomhoward

If you buy off eBay and use paypal you’re protected. If you use paypal gift (on here for example) you aren’t. Difference is that folk on here are trustworthy (for the most part) and don’t want to transfer 8 million dollars to your bank account, on account of your lottery win.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Why do people get so paranoid about giving their bank account and sort code details? I know that we don’t tend to write cheques that often now but every time you write out a cheque it has those details and an example of your signature on it.
    It is a massive leap from having the account number and sort code to over coming the security of an on line account. Well it is if you don’t have 1234 as your pin number and “password” as your password.
    Western Union is fine for transferring funds to people you know but I would avoid it for any thing else.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Dont do it! ,f****** pay pals as bad,,i got nipped for £1200.00 a few years back,the guy said hed not recieved the goods but i had pos royal mail got involved & the lot,but i didnt grt a penny back,he got the goods & a refund so be careful! .

jota180
    Free Member

Why do people get so paranoid about giving their bank account and sort code details? I know that we don’t tend to write cheques that often now but every time you write out a cheque it has those details and an example of your signature on it.
    It is a massive leap from having the account number and sort code to over coming the security of an on line account. Well it is if you don’t have 1234 as your pin number and “password” as your password

You’re right, but I wouldn’t go around bragging that you’re flameproof or anything 🙂

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7174760.stm

njee20
    Free Member

i got nipped for £1200.00 a few years back,the guy said hed not recieved the goods but i had pos royal mail got involved

So you sent something worth £1200 by standard delivery? Had that coming. Special Delivery at least!

Matt24k
    Free Member

OK, maybe it’s not such a massive leap to guessing pass words etc if you are a well known Cock and also give out your address!

reedspeed
    Free Member

So you sent something worth £1200 by standard delivery? Had that coming. Special Delivery at least!

It wasnt normal delivary smart arse,stupid i aint pal !,but when someone says its not there signature thats signed,& theyre in California what do ya do ?,pop round & have a chat? .

😡

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘anyone ever bought parts and paid via western union?’ is closed to new replies.