Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Anyone else working today?
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

Just got in, finish at 3:00pm

Having breakfast.

Got microwave bolognaise for lunch.

Humbug.

Stedlocks
    Free Member

Yep, on duty till 6pm, just about to leave for work…

Have a good one, and merry jingles to all!

martymac

nope but im in 6-6 tomorrow if its any consolation.

lee170
    Free Member

Yep 2pm-10pm, chemical plants never close 🙁

bruneep

Just finished at 8 this am back on at 6 tonight.

mrjmt
    Free Member

It is some, but i’m doing 6:30 – 3:00 tomorrow too!

diz

In work as i type this, started at 7am and already had one major issue. Fingers crossed i finish at 2pm but i can’t see it.

Merry Christmas all STW’ers

Lummox

Having worked the last 15 christmas’s may I take the opportunity to wish a happy Christmas to all those who for whatever reason can’t be with friends and family. I hope today passes without event and you get back to where you want to be safely.

Sandwich

Have a good one and hopefully there will be a chance for a mince pie with family and friends later.

Dibbs
    Free Member

First day back after 5 days off, 07:30 – 19:30 today and tomorrow and then two nights 19:30 – 07:30.
    On the bright side we’re on days off next year and after that I retire, so this should be the last christmas I’ll ever work 😀

Think of us when you turn on a light switch (or anything else electrical) 😉

anotherstan
    Free Member

Yep. Worked last night, working tonight and tomorrow night.
    Quite a high profile civil engineering project in north east Lincolnshire. If everything goes to plan, we should manage to stay off the 10 o’clock news

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Mrs FD went in to work 8 am this morning, won’t finish until 9am tomorrow, then back in Sunday for another 24hrs 🙁

mattbee

Luckily not but my wife is on an early shift in A&E. She’d had to sweet talk the other ENP who did last night into doing it so as a surprise she went in an hour early to handover. Home for 4pm hopefully.

joat

On stand-by, so I can have a normalish day, but I’ll have to go easy on the sherry in my eggnog.

daviek

Got offshore yesterday after an aborted attempt due to weather on Wednesday which then got everybody’s hopes up, home on the 14th.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Been offshore since Dec 2nd, fly home 28th arrive UK 29th straight to a family wedding which I’m really looking forward to, been a tough year, then 4 days in the lakes at the Inn On the Square at Keswick though minus the bike …. all the best to those that aren’t with there loved ones today

thejesmonddingo

Wife’s a District Nurse starts 9pm finishes 7:30 am,hope it don’t snow in Penistone tonight.

robdob
    Free Member

In the flood incident room for the Environment Agency today myself.

I hope I have nothing to do as that means no one will be flooded (not Lakes myself).

diz

Well so much for the 2pm finish I’ve just got out, but as it ment that 2 colleagues could spend time with their children and loved ones I would do it all again in a heart beat.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Was in from 07.45 till 17.00. Not too bad a day, only one general alarm in the whole jail all day & that was a falsie, which makes a pleasant change.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Mrs FD managed to nip home earlier, only to have to rush back in for a Trauma call. Unfortunately some unlucky soul didn’t get to see the end to their Christmas Day 🙁

benpinnick

I wish I was at work today! Would rather be in the workshop fiddling with bikes than bored to tears at the in-laws (for another 4 days 🙁 ). Never been a big fan of Christmas though, which doesn’t help I guess.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else working today?’ is closed to new replies.