Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Anyone else … tired?
  • Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg

Not since I started taking levothyroxine for an undetected for years underactive thyroid that was found by chance in an unrelated blood test.

Premier Icon core

Yep, no reason to be, but no motivation or energy at all, put a bit of weight on, not feeling the desire to ride a bike in the rain and dark, eating crap, self perpetuating cycle commences. Have had a really good year, multiple holidays, some once in a lifetime kind of experiences and trips, minimal drama, life ought to be just dandy.

Need a kick up the arse. The sooner xmas has been and gone the better in my book!

Premier Icon steve_b77
    Free Member

Was certainly getting that way at the start of November, had a tough year in reality.

Redundancy in April, thankfully followed by a new job starting straight away, but the 4 or 5 weeks before the fateful day were a bit of a nightmare. New job was great but the 140mile a day commute not so, haven’t had more than 7 hours sleep during the week since April.

Thankfully that commute is done and dusted from in the New Year as another new job is just an hours train ride away, with a 5 minute walk from home to the station and another 5 minute one from the station to the new office, plus the added bonus of a better package too.

So on total wind down at the current place, just counting the days until I finish (18th December) for my longest Christmas break since I started working on the Railway 15 years ago, I don’t actually think I’ve had more than “finish Christmas Eve, return on 1st working day in January” including working at least 5 of them in that time. It’ll be a revelation.

The crappy weather was getting to me a bit WRT riding outdoors for fun, rather than racing (which happens in any weather) but I’ve really got into Zwift and have a good set up in the play room at home, which the wife doesn’t mind being semi-permanent, bike comes out when kids have friends to play and that’s it.

Oh yeah also take Berocca every morning and don’t recall having had a cold or anything lingering for a good while too, which is nice.

Premier Icon Caher

Was very tired so took my foot off a couple weeks ago (busy at work and some low level bug) but am bouncing back now. Xmas time is good exercise time for me.

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve had a tough year at work for sure

Who hasn’t ?

Premier Icon monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Me

Premier Icon theotherjonv

just seen this weeksy – might take you up on that, will pm you tomorrow. I’ll need to build the bike first though…..I’m distinctly not ss ready this year!!

Premier Icon weeksy

I can bring you the Parkwood in a Large mate if it saves you spannering/building in the cold etc. It’s sitting there ready. 10 speed. 38t and a 11/42. No dropper though.

Premier Icon dumbbot
    Free Member

I’m so, so tired. :/

Premier Icon BillMC

I used to use a £40 Maplin SAD light for c 20 minutes when I got to work, it seemed to make a difference. Standard advice on daylight is that you need a min of 40mns per day on your head and you can’t save it up and this time of the year the light is ‘thinner’ so you’ll need more. SAD used to make me put on about half a stone in the run-up to xmas.

Premier Icon CountZero

I’m certainly tired, but I’m 65, and a 5.00am alarm, when the day ahead involves being outside in torrential rain for the entire day really does take the shine off things.
    Still, while I’ve got a lot of aches, the consequences of coming off bikes, I haven’t suffered a two-month ‘cold’ that seemed to involve my sinuses producing oceans of green goo, and my chest doing much the same, so maybe being outdoors instead of cooped up inside a box inside another box with a load of snuffling humans has had a positive effect, plus I’m eating much better these days as well.
    And I’ve just been given my second 2.5% pay rise in six months, so I’m not going to be too negative about things. 😁

Premier Icon Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Hi Kryton57……..

You getting much sleep at the moment?

Premier Icon Kryton57

A good 6-7 hours yes, why do you ask?

Still in a strange state of mental cotton wool though, not helped by issues at work.   Frankly I can’t wait for the Christmas Eve whistle to blow and hope the natural break into the new year resets my mentality – I really need to go into it energised and with a plan to execute.

Premier Icon Marin
    Free Member

Yep not head a day off for 4 weeks and working all over Christmas to finish off a house move, roll on New Year and some free time and fun trips.

Premier Icon Mister P
    Free Member

Are you still planning your weekend of punishment in South Wales @kryton57 ? You should know tired after that.

Premier Icon Mister P
    Free Member

I am tired all the time but I think it’s probably down to riding at least 5 days a week in the cold. It takes it out of a middle aged man so much more quickly than when I was young.

Premier Icon Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Hi Kryton57…..

Thanks for getting back to me……. Just wanted to check.

I’ve had to deal with a few disturbing issues at school this week.

Extreme tiredness and not sleeping is often a sign that people are finding it difficult to cope. Christmas can sometimes be a very unsettling time for some people.

I’ve just been made aware of how unhappy some people can be.

Premier Icon Kryton57

Mister P – I think you get an inkling from my Insta that I’m going through a similar thing!  with me though is the mental strain & overthinking, I’m needing to relax / defer  / change my mindset a little.

Wales yes, either mid Jan or early Feb and yes its designed to get some fatigue in my legs!

Simon_semtex – Sorry to hear that, that cannot be easy.   You’d be surprised at how regular people meet everyday are carrying something that beats them up daily.   I can recommend CBT techniques to help, something I’m referring back too as I seem to have slipped off that wagon a bit.

Premier Icon Mister P
    Free Member

I’m tempted to come down and meet you in Wales. Not ridden MTB in months though so I’d probably slow you down.

Premier Icon Kryton57

@Mister-P YGM

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.