Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Anyone else suffer with Heartburn ?
  • LadyGresley
    Free Member

I know I get it cos I’m too fat, but knowing that doesn’t help when I inhale the acid reflux stuff in the middle of the night – half an hour’s coughing and vomiting usually follows 🙁

vickypea
    Free Member

I had it last year, caused by some medication I was taking. Had lansoprazole for a bit but it gave me a severe sore throat and fatigue, then tried omeprazole which gave me bad headaches. So just stopped taking the lot and it hasn’t come back!

chewkw
    Free Member

Avoid fatty food, alcohol, very cold drink, spice (chilli powder only but not other spice or real chilli) and cigarette (only if you smoke like a chimney) as that will worsen the acid reflux.

I get a lot of pain after consuming spaghetti bolognese that is cooked with a lot of red wine and cover with cheese or if I drink wine on it’s own. However, drinking whisky with warm water does not cause any trouble or one or two pints of beer is fine :mrgreen:

I slept in a sitting position for two years and the pain is second to toothache only … toothache is the mother of all pain!

Did all those tube with camera in the stomach probe … early day Zantac … after many years the reflux finally settled. Now I get heartburn from time to time if I consume too much fatty food or alcohol or smoke more.

Stress is the cause and with poor diet, all hell breaks loose … oh ya when I had the pain it was so unbearable I could only sleep for 5 hours max.

chris_db
    Free Member

I started out on omeprazole but switched to lanzaprazole which does the job. Still get attacks but nowhere near as bad and a quick gulp of gaviscon sorts it out.

As for endoscopy – well, it’s not that bad until they check your colon I can tell you!

hora
    Free Member

I used too. Bad. Had all the above meds.

Baked beans.

Not a thing since.

jeb

try cut all coffee and tea, it helped me, as i started getting heartburn, but i did drink about 7-8 espresso shot a day!

hora
    Free Member

I used to get it really bad if I had beans before a ride (cooked breakie).. lasted a week. Thing is as a kid no probs. Without knowing it Ive developed a reaction to baked beans!

willber
    Free Member

I suffered with heat burn for a long time until I got some omeprazole. This was the only thing that stopped mine. But about 2 months ago I started intermittent fasting and I’ve not had heart burn since and haven’t had to take anything for it.

bigjim

I know I get it cos I’m too fat, but knowing that doesn’t help when I inhale the acid reflux stuff in the middle of the night – half an hour’s coughing and vomiting usually follows

that’s not good, have you been to the doc about that? I believe it can scar your lungs, and damage your teeth and all sorts.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else suffer with Heartburn ?’ is closed to new replies.