• This topic has 60 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by mjb.
Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Anyone else see the LOW flying Tornado over Ladybower Res today?
  • mefty
    Free Member

Redthunder – was that the one the new South African owner or his instructor crashed?

this one

crazy-legs

Did the rangers stop you because you were on bikes??

They weren’t exactly ecstatic about that but realised that a) I wasn’t being a total cock mowing down ramblers left right and centre and b) they were driving round in Landies so their arguments about erosion were rendered null and void.

🙂

hora
    Free Member

We were stopped by a ranger on something that wasn’t even a footpath up there. Its ‘undesignated’ (is that the right term?).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

Jets used to practice boming runs on our school several times a day most days. I got so used to it I never thought twice, except for the odd extra lound one that really hurt.

It’s never happened since I left home though, that’s what happens when you live in cities with commercial airports I suppose!

TheFlyingOx

*cough* *cough* *ahem*

hora
    Free Member

HA

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Taken with a GF2, non zoom lens.

crazy-legs

Couple of pics from last time (Canon 350D with a 70-300mm zoom so about 480mm effective with the 1.6x sensor).
    These were taken from the spot I linked to in the map.

Edit: I had to rescue these pics from the now-defunct fotopic so they’re not the best quality ever – can’t find the originals

hora
    Free Member

Hmmm I think I’ll stand where I was yesterday- WLT. You get a good view as they pan round you….plus the Tornado’s banked too – over the dam its level flight??

tuffty
    Free Member

Yeah but it would be nice to see it over the dam. Although even without a Lancaster or Tornado the view from WLT is stunning 😀

Gary_C

Hmm..tempted to take a day off work, park at Langsett & ride over Cut Gate to see this.

bensales
    Free Member

Was up in Scarborough a couple of weeks ago, and up seeing the castle. Two Tornados flew in from the North Sea hugging the coast heading back up to Scotland. Made my 4 year old lad’s holiday. First time he’s ever seen fighters flying. Utterly gobsmacked he was, I loved the moment.

Mate of mine is with 617 and gets to fly in them. I’d call him a luck sod, but I’d never want to do his job.

faz083
    Free Member

A friend of mine spends all his spare time climbing hills all over the place to photograph low flying jets and has some amazing photo’s.

http://www.jetscapephotography.co.uk/

Amazing shots. Truly.

tuffty
    Free Member

A friend of mine spends all his spare time climbing hills all over the place to photograph low flying jets and has some amazing photo’s.

http://www.jetscapephotography.co.uk/

Amazing shots. Truly.
    Yes absolutely fantastic

rickm
    Free Member

My missus spotted two jets flying over chapel en le frith earlier today, that explains what they were upto!

hora
    Free Member

Jeremy Clarkson once said a car that snaps knicker elastic?

These creations rip boxer shorts clean off

rogerthecat
    Free Member

So, who’s going to watch?
    I have booked the day off to take Biggles (my old man) and my mum to see it.
    Should be good if the rain holds off.

vixalot
    Free Member

I think I will go

brokensoul
    Free Member

Me and the wife’ll be there, WLT area hopefully.

Spud

Arse, have tomorrow booked off and too late to swap now! Will be an amazing sight! RAF certainly put on a show!

mjb

Does anyone know how far down the valley they go before looping around for the second and third runs? Haven’t got time to get all the way up to the dam so was thinking of just wandering up Whin hill.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else see the LOW flying Tornado over Ladybower Res today?’ is closed to new replies.