Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)
  • Anyone else preorder a Dialled Alpine MK3?
  • wiggles
    Free Member

I’m getting far too excited waiting for it to turn up… Considering all i will have is a frame and mech.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha, I have absolutely everything sat waiting except the frame.

wiggles
    Free Member

I’m going to build over the winter so Can buy all the bits gradually, have another bike to use for now.

xiphon
    Free Member

I’ll buy one when my Dialled PA (mk1) breaks beyond repair.

(Might have to wait a while)

richc
    Free Member

The Alpine rides very differently to the PA, so why not treat yourself 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

You will have to post pics, of you have all the parts you should have it done by the weekend moseymtb 😉

xiphon
    Free Member

Tempting, but I’ll hang onto the PA for now. I need it to race the Fort Bill DH Endurance again next year – missed out (just!) on double figures with a crash (and broken arm as a result).

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Where are the pics?????? 🙂

richc
    Free Member

Here’s a photo of the unbuilt frame

richc
    Free Member

photo doesn’t do the finish justice to be honest it a nice bright orange 🙂

all looks nicely finished to be, first new frame I’ve had in years as I tend to buy second hand

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Looks great 🙂 I’m sat looking at the front door! I jump every time I hear a car!

What happened to the Alpine sticker on the top tube? I love those graphics 🙁

richc
    Free Member

That’s the only stickers it came with, and it was pre-applied.

Not sure why Mike dropped the specific model name sticker, unless he forgot…..

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Mike mentioned new style stickers were due from the sticker shop so maybe the top tube one has changed too.

He says new stickers will be sent out to customers. 🙂

accu
    Free Member

I really love the old graphics…as mike knows.. 🙂
    so curious to see the new ones

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah I was actually happy when the stickers didn’t turn up ha, I love the gothic ones. Especially the Alpine one in the top tube 🙁

pickle
    Free Member

lovely looking frame that!

wiggles
    Free Member

Looking sweet, glad I went with the orange, hopefully mine will be waiting for me when I finish work!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Mines not here yet booooooooooo got to go out now too. Guarantee it will come 5 mins after I leave.

coogan
    Free Member

When I got my first Alpine, the ‘Alpine’ stickers arrived later if I remember rightly as were delayed? I think. Mike will confirm I’m sure!

richc
    Free Member

doesn’t look like they come with name stickers anymore, if you look at the other frames on the dialled website.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ll try and pick up an old one off Mike as I love the lettering. Sad eh

richc
    Free Member

next question, anyone found somewhere with a 30.9 400mm reverb right hand in stock for less than full rrp?

If not i will get it from hibike.de and wait

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Brilliant – city link left mine with a ‘neighbour’ on a different street!

Why on earth would they do that!!

wiggles
    Free Member

No new shiny frame for me today 🙁

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The not so neighbour neighbour popped round, what a lovely old women.

New frame and met a nice new neighbour.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Lets see it then!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha ok I’ll open it now.

It’s brilliant, finish is a metallic orange. Really bright and looks great with the gothic decals.

Love the etched headtube decal.

Pics to follow:-

wiggles
    Free Member

Sweeeet, think im going to mount the frame on the wall until I have the parts, I’ll only keep sneaking out to have a look at anyway!

winch
    Free Member

Orange looks great, but white is very nice too…
    I’ve got mine all built up and loving it so far! Broke it in on Helvellyn on Friday 🙂
    I’m off out for another ride but here’s a little teaser pic!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Come on Winch more pics please.

Mine went back but the replacement should arrive next week 🙂

Mike really is a top guy and his bikes are brilliant.

chives
    Free Member

Mosey – why did it go back? And does anyone know what the frame weighs? Curious to see how it compares with the Bfe etc..

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Slight issue on a weld I spotted. Probably wasn’t an issue but Mike offered a replacement without hesitation.

The frame is brilliant and Dialled frames fit me perfect.

Can’t wait to get it built and ride it.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I want to see a proper pic of the white one.

souldrummer
    Free Member

My goodness they look good in orange. Might be tempted by that colour if I get my Mk1 re-sprayed again. Also really like the new headtube. Might look into the possibility of getting an XX44 welded in place of the one that’s on mine atm, if the availability of 1 1/8 forks becomes an issue!!

winch
    Free Member

I’ve now had a couple of great rides on mine, one down sticks pass on Helvellyn, the second a quick blast around LLandegla and loving it so far. Big thanks to Mike for getting the frame to me (where I was staying in the Lakes) in time so that I could build it up in the holiday cottage and get some riding in before the end of my holiday! Luckily I’d managed not to forget any components when packing my suitcase!

Detailing on the headtube looks superb.

I like the gothic graphics but will be interested to see the updated ones.

Hope V4’s proved themselves worthy on Helvellyn and feel amazing.

Mincing XC tyre was removed as soon as I had access to a compressor!

[
    My mother always says, “Don’t ride your 160’s at Llandegla or you’ll not feel the benefit”. On her advice I’ll be dropping them down to 140 very soon. Great feeling fork though and suit the frame very nicely.

I actually like the simplicity of just having the 203mm rotor without an adaptor, it looks cleaner and setting the brake up was a doddle.

[/url]
    The finished article, well almost. I’ll be swapping my SS nano’s on once I can remove them from my old cranks 😡 and getting a KS Lev on once funds allow.

Summit of Helvellyn 😀

LLandegla, lots of fun but should have listened to mother. Also mangled my rear mech because I thought I’d risk running the chain too short. Clutch mech and new chain now on order.

Anyhow, thanks again to Mike for a fantastic frame and great service. I’ve not quite got it set up how I want it just yet but initial impressions are it is so much sturdier than my Soul was and is much more the kind of bike I want to be riding. Landing jumps the lack of flex is much more confidence inspiring and so far I’ve not found it to be uncomfortable. One thing I was very pleased about is it climbs well even with the 160’s on. I’ll give some more impressions of it once I’ve spent some more time on it 😀

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

That looks great winch.

Can’t wait to get mine built and ridden this weekend.

Looks amazing in both white and orange.

chives
    Free Member

That does look good! I’d be happy with a lower BB – it’s the one detail I’d change with my Soul if I could.

richc
    Free Member

looks good. Mine won’t be that shiney as I will be re-using all my old bits 🙂

Thinking about not bothering with the stinger as a double + clutch mech should keep the chain on.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ive gone clutch mech and double and bash upfront so hopefully won’t need a stinger.

They are cheap and work well though so i’m happy to stick one on if needed.

Nice to see the frames getting built up. That white one really does look cool and I’m glad we went for that colour in the end.

Regarding stickers, the “proper” stickers arrived today, but they’re about 200% too big! Sticker maker has been notified and anyone with a Mk3 Alpine who wants to upgrade from Gothic stickers to the newer ones at a later date, I will send them out free of charge.

There won’t be an Alpine name sticker on these frames. It’s engraved on the seat stay brace, so no need. Eventually, I want all my frames to have zero Dialled Bikes stickers on them and just have the Reynolds tubing stickers – as I hear they have magic properties (especially the 853 one) which prevent rust, so we need to keep those 😉

Thanks to everyone who pre-ordered and if anyone else fancies one now they have seen them, I still have about 60 frames left out of the batch so get in touch.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else preorder a Dialled Alpine MK3?’ is closed to new replies.