• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by timc.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone else not drinking beer?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

I gave up booze for this month, as I had starting drinking purely out of habit and felt that I *needed* a beer after a hard day at work.

I’m 12 days in now, do still fancy a beer, and have never been so thirsty all the time!

I’m a little irritable, but feel clearer headed than normal.

Anyone else doing the same, and experiences so far?

Cheers

Ricks

wolfrider
    Free Member

Ive gone from drinking every night for a few years to only having 3 or 4 pints on a Saturday night. Struggled to sleep the first few nights but starting to feel great tbh.

bigG
    Free Member

Yup, dry January for me ( every year) and I do feel better for it. But that might be the diet, and that I’ve ridden my bike ten days out of the last twelve.

rickon
    Free Member

Struggled to sleep the first few nights

Yep, same here. Feel like I’ve had a load of espresso before bed.

Caffeine free diet coke and ice…. I think my brain is starting to melt.

qwerty
    Free Member

I’m alcohol & caffine free for January… so far!

user-removed
    Free Member

I was going to have a dry January but have already fallen off the wagon. Nowt for me tonight though, and will renew my efforts. Likw wolfrider, I tend to have a drink pretty much every night, so looking forward to waking up without the fuzzy head!

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Yep, was in the habit of cracking a beer when I got in the door, then another with diner.

Struggled a bit for the first week, but now come in and have a pint of water or juice. Amazing how much cash it saves, I like bottles of ale and at £2 (excluding offers) a poop it adds up over a month. I’ve been sticking the money I would of spent in a jar and will use it for something nice at the end of the month.

Drac

Good for you stick with it but no I’m not and tempted to go open another bottle of birthday booze I got.

racefaceec90

haven’t drunk/smoked since 2004.feel a lot better for it.good luck to you all 🙂

Underhill
    Free Member

Lemsip here. Had hoped to get through January without touching it but fell off the wagon this weekend.

rickon
    Free Member

at £2 (excluding offers) a poop it adds up over a month

I think you’ve got the wrong forum….

Simon

Not had an alcoholic drink since new year. Feel no better for it. In fact woke up on Saturday with what felt just like a hangover:-/

chrisa87
    Free Member

I’m seeing how far i can make it through generally. First few days was ok, but the real payoff was when i started sleeping much better and mornings were much much easier. Worth it for that alone, work is then less stressful reducing the cycle 🙂

sputnik
    Free Member

Only drinking wine/beer over the weekend now . Myself and my wife would share a bottle of red every night of the week, sometimes I would have a couple of beers too. Decided it was becoming a habit and since the start of January we have stopped drinking in the week. Saving money and feeling good about it.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

yep dropped the beer and coffee, seem to be addicted to Indian tonic water now though 😕

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

School day tomorrow so no. Good luck dryathletes.

montylikesbeer

15 days in and not a drop has passed my lips, that and the 1200 kal a day diet is beginning to ave an effect.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I briefly considered a dry year, then reconsidered and decided on a dry January, then remembered it was my 30th and it all came crashing down with me drinking champagne and red bull cocktails at 4 in the morning… Made my 10am ride though!

timc
    Free Member

only ever binged at weekends, had a heavy festive period so January off, only test was in the pub for the match sunday, should be fine now 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else not drinking beer?’ is closed to new replies.