Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • Anyone else here hold extremist ideology views?
  • billyboulders
    Free Member

As long as it has one on the bottom, top and sides, it’s a pie

…..Or a pasty 🤔

CountZero

Some people put milk in tea first.

It’s the correct way to do it, for at least a century. The milk goes in first, then the tea, to protect delicate porcelain tea services from shattering due to the hot tea.
    However, it’s not a law, so prosecution is unlikely to be successful.
    And in any case, it’s the way I do it, because I can then keep stirring the teabag around until I get the desired strength, it’s not possible to judge without milk in the mug.
    So there.

MoreCashThanDash

The milk should never be in contact with the teabag 🤦

alpin
    Free Member

it’s not possible to judge without milk in the mug

This is what years of tea making allows you to do…. Even my German GF doesn’t have to rely on this amateurish method.

Besides, what if you over milk?

slackalice
    Free Member

Waderider
    I think the extremists are those who don’t follow science and educated thought with greed and avarice removed. We can’t continue with the current percentage of population so engaged with consumer culture.

More extreme than this, I believe many of the issues facing mankind are most feasibly managed by a massive reduction in human population.

Tempering this I’m not perfect myself regarding environmental footprint, and I regard myself as being more worthy of removal from the planet for the benefit of the environment than certainly most third or second world folk. I’m not actually volunteering mind you. I’m doing lots by not breeding.

It’s a disgrace to call Extinction Rebellion extremists, except in the very particular sense on their topic they are the most motivated to agitate.

Governments/society need to evolve democracy/consumerism/capitalism quickly or society will have very rough storms to weather.

Very much this. Well said sir.

MoreCashThanDash

Luckily the Police agree with this view

matt_outandabout

Cream first.

I bet you are on a watch list already.

curto80
    Free Member

Milk in tea at all. Savagery

Watty

keep stirring the teabag 🙄

Traditionally tea leaves went in a tea pot where the tea brewed. Milk in the cup first may well have saved the expensive china from shattering, but the point is the water needs to be boiling for the process to be successful. SO, putting milk into your sports direct mug before your catering pack teabag won’t allow the sweepings to infuse correctly. 😉

BigJohn

It says something about “number of indicators”. That rules out BMW drivers then.

soobalias
    Free Member

the rules on tea need to be defined for bag-in-mug, different to loose leaf via teapot

exceptions to the pie rule must be drafted (fish, shepherd, cottage etc.) and suitable punishments agreed for the creations,serving or promotion of meat&gravey with a standalone pastry ‘lid’

fazzini

26 inch wheels are the future… 🤣

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s all a bit rock music is corrupting our youth, but a little too big brother at the same time.

SaxonRider

The idea of Welsh independence and an eventual “Celtic Union” is growing on me, and I am willing to talk about it over a pint.

slowoldman

The milk should never be in contact with the teabag

The what?

epicyclo

I see the single speeders are keeping quiet.

Maybe the police have already cleaned up their extremist cells… 🙂

scotroutes

Waderider

I think the extremists are those who don’t follow science

Apparently, science is no longer the arbiter of what is extremist or acceptable. It’s all about “feels” these days.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I see the single speeders are keeping quiet.

Maybe the police have already cleaned up their extremist cells… 🙂

First they came for the ‘tandemists’ and everyone thought – ‘well that kinda makes sense’. Then they came for the singlespeeders, but there weren’t many of them. Then the recumbents and the ebikers. Soon it will be the roadies and then the MTBers will have no one to look out for them.

funkmasterp

Then they came for the singlespeeders, but there weren’t many of them.

They just caught them on the steep inclines.

Sandwich

Some people put milk in the cup, then a tea bag and finally boiling water. I believe that this is un-civilised behaviour and these people will be placed in camps for re-education.

CountZero

Just let the bag steep for a bit longer to achieve the desired strength. It’s not difficult, I’ve been doing it for fifty years.

but the point is the water needs to be boiling for the process to be successful. SO, putting milk into your sports direct mug before your catering pack teabag won’t allow the sweepings to infuse correctly.

The water is boiling, and I only use Yorkshire Tea, for consistency, supermarket own-brand teabags are rubbish, and I’ve just finished a pack of rather nice blended bags from a Cornish tea company, and just started a box of West Country blended bags from Miles Tea, in Porlock, both of which were part of a Christmas pressy from friends along with a pair of rather lovely mugs, but I don’t know the name of the pottery they came from.
    Sports Direct mug? Eeeew. I use either a mug from Tate Modern, from the Mark Rothko exhibition, or mugs from gigs – Portishead, Elbow, Kate Rusby, my Singletrackworld bucket, or one with a large Batman logo I got from a comic shop several decades ago.
    I like a bit of variety in my beverage containers, you see. 😉

Drac

It’s making a cup of tea not nuclear fusion.

maycontainnuts

Edit. Didn’t read it all

chewkw
    Free Member

Black loose tea with fresh mint and a bit of sugar.

Sandwich

protect delicate porcelain tea services

Undamaged porcelain can be quenched from red heat without damage as was demonstrated on the BBC ceramics programme. It is not delicate stuff, earthenware on the other hand. . .

senorj

FWIW,Bravo to waderider.
    I imagine some poor sod at police headquarters has to “plan” for civil disruption risks.
    Maybe categorising XR as extremist provided a greater budget?

patrickross
    Free Member

I have some grand ideas:

WKD and Bacardi breezers should contain chemical castration/sterilisation.

1 in 2 cigarettes should contain some kind of comical firecracker or stink pellet. (Experience with this from putting arm hair in a tobacco pouch)

Vehicle tax should be abolished and Fuel Duty hiked up.

Piers Morgan should be exiled to San Francisco/Sydney/Brighton to live out his personal hell.

MoreCashThanDash

patrickross for President!

footflaps

Hills are where SS come into their own, you have no option but to stand up and crank out the power (or walk).

RustySpanner

An experiment:

Make 2 cups of tea – one milk first, one milk last.
    Try them. They taste different, don’t they?

Wait a while.

Heat the milk last tea in the microwave. It will now taste the same as the milk first cup did.

🙂

funkmasterp

Hills are where SS come into their own, you have no option but to stand up and crank out the power (or walk).

Err…. that’s why they would get caught. I rode SS for years. Going up steep inclines is a right bastard. Especially prolonged ones. Much slower than on a geared bike, where you can still stand and crank. Just in a range of gears.

Klunk
    Free Member

seems it’s wasn’t just a “local” plod “error” :/

might have to stop posting links to badger vids and gifs

Houns

‘We’ have voted in a tyrannical government

I’m now an extremist for caring about the planet and the animals living upon it

Our rights are being eroded from us and we don’t have any support

Thanks Tory and Brexit voters

Cougar

Heat the milk last tea in the microwave.

You do know I can suspend your account, right?

geomickb
    Free Member

@Stoner

I just noticed this!
    “Pastry on top of a casserole IS A PIE.”

Nonsense, it is just a stew with a lid:

pie [ pahy ]

noun
    a baked food having a filling of fruit, meat, pudding, etc., prepared in a pastry-lined pan or dish and must have a base and sides, not just a stew with a circle of puff-pastry thrown on.

Cougar

Stoner is notoriously piesexual on this subject, but he is wrong as I’ve explained more than once on STW before.

Can you pick it up in your hands and carry it to your mouth? If you cannot (for any reason other than “it’s a really big one”) then it is not, by any sensible definition, a pie. A pie is self-sustaining and stands alone, proud. It does not require third party support from some party-sized casserole dish.

We can make an exception to names of pies that aren’t defined by their ingredients. That is to say, a pork pie is a pie with pork in it. A Shepherd’s Pie does not contain shepherds, and similarly a Cottage Pie generally does not contain cottages.

Ie, “Shepherd’s Pie” is the full name of a dish that is not actually a pie, in the same way that an Eccles cake is not actually a cake. See also, beef wellington.

scotroutes

Fish pie.

Contains fish.

Cougar

You’re going on the list too.

scotroutes

Hey – it’s your rules.

Cougar

There’s always an exception.

Or something.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else here hold extremist ideology views?’ is closed to new replies.