Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Anyone else here hold extremist ideology views?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Hell yes.

Pastry on top of a casserole IS A PIE.

easily
    Free Member

Some people put milk in tea first. They will be first against the wall…

scotroutes

Apparently, yes.

joshvegas
    Free Member

When England goes full shit and Scotland washes its hands of it…

…you’ll be allowed in.

leffeboy

clearly yes

It’s interesting though:

“Identification of any one of the signs presented here, in isolation, may not be indicative of vulnerability or radicalisation. However, in combination or in circumstances where they do not ‘fit’, they may indicate an individual at risk. In such cases, consider whether the individual is vulnerable to extremism and should be referred to the UK government’s Prevent programme.”

XR encompasses everything from mild mannered MTB’ers to people who are commited to more extreme actions.  If you are looking for terrorist threats then it is probably the wrong place to look.  If you are using it as one of a number of indicators that someone may be vulnerable to being radicalised then maybe

Northwind

That’s hilarious.

I’m extreme hard left apparently. But then so is everyone else to the left of Margaret Thatcher these days.

Drac

Yeah I don’t follow click bait headlines.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Only on e-bikes.

shermer75
    Free Member

Soooo….I’m too old to be a terrorist? Well thank you very much 🙁

Drac

If you are using it as one of a number of indicators that someone may be vulnerable to being radicalised then maybe

Yeah that’s how it works it’s not just based on being a member of XR but it’s group that may attract vulnerable people. Extremist groups know how to find these people so it’s not improbably that they’d target XR to find someone.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Hell yes.

Testify!

kennyp
    Free Member

Oh good grief, not another fatbike thread.

Loughan
    Free Member

Ever gone back to savoury?

HERETIC!

funkmasterp

No sides = No pie.

You bunch of extremists.

alpin
    Free Member

XR… A group that are open about what they do, have appeared in several TV documentaries and whose leader is a mild mannered farmer…..

I think a few of us holds extremist views.

I believe we should do more to protect those at the bottom of society, tax those at the top of the pile accordingly, have better provision for cycling and assassinate the PM, Farage and several other “leading” politicians…. Hey ho.

(jest!)

funkmasterp

I believe anyone wearing sportswear whilst not actively participating in, on their way to or from doing the sport, should be ‘taken care of’

Is that extreme?

bearnecessities

No sides = No pie.

Shepherds would like a word.

Waderider
    Free Member

I think the extremists are those who don’t follow science and educated thought with greed and avarice removed. We can’t continue with the current percentage of population so engaged with consumer culture.

More extreme than this, I believe many of the issues facing mankind are most feasibly managed by a massive reduction in human population.

Tempering this I’m not perfect myself regarding environmental footprint, and I regard myself as being more worthy of removal from the planet for the benefit of the environment than certainly most third or second world folk. I’m not actually volunteering mind you. I’m doing lots by not breeding.

It’s a disgrace to call Extinction Rebellion extremists, except in the very particular sense on their topic they are the most motivated to agitate.

Governments/society need to evolve democracy/consumerism/capitalism quickly or society will have very rough storms to weather.

funkmasterp

No sides = No pie.

Shepherds would like a word.

They can have one after they learn what a pie is 😀 same as the fishermen and those who dwell in cottages.

Cougar

Four week ban.

tinribz
    Free Member

It’s a disgrace to call Extinction Rebellion extremists

Didn’t they just burn down Australia?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Shepherds would like a word

So would the cottagers

davosaurusrex

Wow. I genuinely find that pretty terrifying.

Drac

I see there’s lots haven’t read the actual story.

davosaurusrex

In what respect?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Like when members of the rspb were banned from the tube

slowoldman

I see there’s lots haven’t read the actual story.

Always the case.

Drac

In what respect?

In the respect they think XR is now classed an extremist group.

theotherjonv

sigh…..

there’s too many fun sponges on here now.

The story is that XR were listed by counter terrorism police in the south east as an extremist ideology organisation in a guide given to various organisations including schools. Under new laws anyone holding these views should be reported to the CT police.

Now the guidance has been reviewed, the guide withdrawn, and CTPSE say that XR are not an extremist org, although as pointed out activists from extremist views may seek to recruit from XR.

Clear enough?

Drac

But but the headline…..

theotherjonv

….Is factually correct if somewhat sensationalised, they did list them in a guide that was widely circulated and are now (as the byline says) scrambling to withdraw it.

It’s how newspapers get you to read their articles.

Would you prefer the ‘Some info in a police guide was wrong, being withdrawn’ approach?

alpin
    Free Member

I read it….. (from Guardian article)

following further questions, counter-terrorism police confirmed it had been circulated to “statutory partners” and had now been recalled. They said they now accepted that the protest group was not extremist.

So they are now not considered to be a danger, but the fact they were considered to be so and only changed their minds once challenged says a lot.

matt_outandabout

Peanut butter and marmite is ace.

There. I said it.

Drac

Would you prefer the ‘Some info in a police guide was wrong, being withdrawn’ approach?

Police Remove XR from extremist list.

But as you say it’s how they get their views but most don’t get past the link.

falkirk-mark

For everyone calling down pastry on top of meat and gravy isn’t a pie first world problems and I raise you this. In work we get the Jiffy van to deliver food to us I asked for the pie and was given stew, the plooky teenager on the van was asked where the pastry was and he said there was none. I said how can it be pie without pastry and that it was stew he looked at me as if I was stupid and replied that the chef said it was pie. At this point I gave up and asked for a sausage roll (they struggle to mess that up). Moral of the story settle for the pastry on the stew.

gauss1777
    Free Member

So they are now not considered to be a danger, but the fact they were considered to be so and only changed their minds once challenged says a lot.

I’m with alpin on this, although it doesn’t surprise me in the least.

Ps I don’t see what’s misleading about the headline.

TiRed

Cream first.

leffeboy

It was a mistake by the police to publish a document saying that xr was extremist

They are probably correct that it attracts people that are vulnerable

the reaction to climate catastrophy should never be to say that people that point this out are wrong. To equate that with an inability to correctly identify the proper place of pastry in a pie… 5 years ago I would have laughed but now I am to scared of how little time we have left to laugh or ride our bikes.

Dark-Side

As long as it has one on the bottom, top and sides, it’s a pie.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else here hold extremist ideology views?’ is closed to new replies.