• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone else having problems connecting to STW website?
  • superleggero
    Free Member

Intermittently timing out when trying to connect. Other websites okay so does not appear to be my connection to internet.

andytherocketeer

half the internet has been DDoSed by the boxing day sales.

tenfoot

Happening to me too.

wwaswas

webfusion and 123reg were down.

rOcKeTdOg

Yes, I’ve posted this but I can’t see it myself unless I read it over my own shoulder via a mirror

neilthewheel

Back again! For a minute,I thought I was going to have to do some work

boblo
    Free Member

Yeah ’tis shite. Other sites no problem…. :-/

Tom
    Free Member

Yes, there was a DDOS earlier which took out half the Internet. They’re still trying to sort it out, but it should be back to normal soon, hopefully.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They’re getting ready to install the new version of the forum.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Whole internet is down. I had to write this on a piece of paper and post it.

wwaswas

I had to write this on a piece of paper and post it.

Problem is that at Christmas there’s a huge increase in the number of packets being transmitted over the postal network.

The people doing it are careful to distribute the incoming load widely across the network so it’s not easy to stop and even though the network providers are able to increase the available number of packets that can be delivered to their intended recipients at peak times they can’t cope with the load and they can take increasingly long periods of time to arrive and thus be treated as ‘lost’ by both sender and recipient.

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t worry, folks. The admin are just stress testing the new servers which will be running the new website.

#2012 #neverforget #YOLO #blackfriday

superleggero
    Free Member

The internet is failing, it’s the beginning of the end. Forget Skynet it’s the hoardes of bargain hunting wombles* looking for cheap cr@p they don’t need that is about to bring society to it’s knees! As well as the online shoppers look at the near riots overnight as stores opened for Black Friday. We’re doomed!

[*myself included]

IHN

They’re getting ready to install the new version of the forum.

I’ve been here that long I get that joke.

Pook

Tom
    Free Member

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else having problems connecting to STW website?’ is closed to new replies.