Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone else have to writ etheir own appraisal?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Doing my head in – I have to complete my appraisal for my various objectives and competencies, and provide appropriate evidence.

But so does my boss…which strikes me as being somthing of a duplication of effort, as we each have to complete about a dozen pages. It worked so much better when we just sat down and did it together.

And I bet he’s not doing it at 9pm on a Saturday night!

GJP
    Free Member

Pretty standard were I work apart from our bosses don’t have to write anything. At best its seem only loosely correlated with the annual performance review which seems to be based more on a chat between the boss and HR.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Should be done in works time. You are effectivly doing unpaid overtime. Stop.

andywhit
    Free Member

Have to do it every year around Christmas time. Basically blow smoke up your own @ss 🙂

pk-ripper
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Should be done in works time. You are effectivly doing unpaid overtime. Stop.

Sadly, the real world doesn’t work like that.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Oh, and I have to do mine, generally say I did most things well, a couple of things very well, and mention a couple of things that didn’t go quite how I wanted, which was a learning experience and yet deadlines were still met to client satisfaction.

Appraisal box ticked for another year.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

if people refused to work unpaid overtime then it wouldn’t be expected of them. Actually the real world does work like that if you have a spine.

brakes
    Free Member

you should really be commenting on the objectives you and your line manager set out at the start of the year, rating yourself on how successful you have been in achieving them and looking at your goals for the folllowing year

chances are though your succeses won’t count for jack as your company is preoccupied with looking at the reams of management information they’ve been collecting for years and done f-all with, will ignore it, and take the easy option by freezing pay and promotions or more probably deliberating whether to pay you 3 or 4 months redundancy money

😐

pk-ripper
    Free Member

The real world works like that if you wish to mark yourself out as a troublemaker, and don’t want any sort of payrise, bonus or promotion prospects year on year.

Spine has nothing to do with it. Knowing when to toe the line and when not to is part of working life.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else have to writ etheir own appraisal?’ is closed to new replies.