Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone else have dropped chains with SRAM Type 2 mech?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

Does anyone have problems with dropped chains on their SRAM Type 2 mech? At the end of a rooty section I regularly have my cranks reverse, and then drop the chain off the front ring. Usually this is when the chain is on the outer ring.

I’ve tightened the pre-load bolt, but still have the same issue.

My next point of call will be to pop the back off, and tighten the 3mm bolt on the back…

Anyone solved this?

Cheers

Ricks

rugbydick

Don’t back pedal…

Also, check your chain length. Too much chain and the retention seems less effective. You need just enough to go big-big on your gears.

robhenry85
    Free Member

what he said^^^

big ring to big ring (not though mech) +2 links works for me!

also, make sure you front mech is set up right, with the extra tension is seemed to pull the chain off if not set up bob on.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I used to have double n bash, no clutch-mech, too much chain (left full length after fitting bash and removing 42t ring) and dropped the chain extremely rarely, like thrice in as many years. Loads of slap and noise but extremely minimal droppage.

Changed chainset to 2×10 specific with no bash and lost the chain easily.

What’s the tension feel like on your mech? The tension on my SLX is as it came feels pretty high with the clutch switched on…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yes I have, solution a chain device they are really clever and work, in fact when I smash off the mech I might just get a normal one

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else have dropped chains with SRAM Type 2 mech?’ is closed to new replies.