Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone else had their Paypal account hacked?
  • YetiFoz
    Free Member

As the title says really.
    I had limited access due to Paypal restrictions because they had said someone had attempted to use my account. Only found out from an email they sent, just had to change passwords etc.
    But today a mate told me he had had a few transactions go out on his card that is linked to his Paypal account, it’s all in hand now. He didn’t have an email though, only found out by logging in!
    Just wondered if this has become common and to warn others.

woody2000

Please tell me you didn’t follow a link from an email from "PayPal" and changed your account details etc? Please…..

YetiFoz
    Free Member

Nope! I have at least two brain cells.

woody2000

🙂

thepurist

Were they trying to pay for acne cream? If so, could suggest the EZ "godz of teh internet" are up to their tricks again

GrahamS

You didn’t use a password for PayPal that was similar to the one you used did you?

YetiFoz
    Free Member

I don’t know thepurist.

GrahamS, can you explain yourself a little better please, you don’t quite make sense.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m guessing he’s missing the word "here" between "used" and "did".

GrahamS

Indeed, aracer. Was your old STW password the same as your PayPal one?

Halfbike

I had both my Hotmail and my Ebay accounts hacked into just after this place was hacked too – coincidence or user error?

That will learn me for having the same password I guess!

Luckily Microsoft were amazing and got me back into Hotmail in 3 days. Ebay too. Paypal was a different password, and now changed again too.

I guess you only learn by your mistakes!

YetiFoz
    Free Member

Ahh, that’s what I thought.
    Similar would be the answer to that question.

ventanarider
    Free Member

I have had unauthorized paypal payment go out today. Hotmail was hacked yesterday. An advert was embeded as my signiture and automatically sent to all my contacts. coincidence?
    spent hours sorting it out ffs

YetiFoz
    Free Member

Sounds like the same thing that happened to my mate, his hotmail was hacked too.

activeDuty
    Free Member

Had my ebay and paypal hacked- different password and id ot those I use elsewhere, but made the mistake of using the same password for those two sites

Rich
    Free Member

Ive had emails saying that my Paypal account has been restricted due to attempted unauthorised access, just like you describe, but they were fake, I just ignored them and my Paypal account has worked fine.

ventanarider
    Free Member

my paypal account restricted was definately genuine.tried going into it direct and through ebay link

Bippa
    Free Member

i got sent an email from a paypal address saying i needed to contact them regarding a payment dispute for a nokia phone i’d bought from america. except i’d bought nothing from anyone. infact no payment had been made to anyone, they just wanted me to click there link

i left the ‘click this link’ well alone and contacted paypal direct

freddyg
    Free Member

Bippa. I got that mail too. Forward it to spoof@paypal.com.

Bippa
    Free Member

cheers freddyg, i did do, and they replied really quickly to say thankyou for flagging it up

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else had their Paypal account hacked?’ is closed to new replies.