Anyone else had their magic DX light battery charger melt on them?

Home Forum Bike Forum Anyone else had their magic DX light battery charger melt on them?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone else had their magic DX light battery charger melt on them?
  • MicArms
    Member

    Got a DX on the commuter, came out the house this morning to find the charger looking a bit misshapen and burnt out. So anyone else had this , and should I even bother with warranty? Light is over a year old?

    cheers..

    Jamie
    Member

    So that is 2 out of how many?

    scruff
    Member

    ST’s Chinese tat DX charger could even make sparks, pretty cool until it burns down you house whilst family are sleeping.

    Premier Icon firestarter
    Subscriber

    the battery has been recalled hasnt it iirc (or the charger)

    Premier Icon Teetosugars
    Subscriber

    firestarter – Member
    the battery has been recalled hasnt it iirc (or the charger)

    Has it?

    I’m still using one… 😐

    Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

    the battery has been recalled hasnt it iirc

    only by the US distributor (and just the old style battery).

    Premier Icon firestarter
    Subscriber

    ah my mistake , i knew id heard something about it

    Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

    I read the web whispers prior to buying it so was well aware of the flaming death issue, I plug mine into a protected extension and stick it on a stone window sill, I watch it like a Hawk and I don’t leave it on When I go to bed…

    No Problem so far, gets warm but no fires yet… you can always buy a pucker transformer instead of the scary Chinese tat, but I think the extra danger adds an element to the overall experience of being a Bastid owner…

    MicArms
    Member

    XChhers for the info guys. the charger was on top of the freezer in the garage so no fear of burning the house down etc. Have messaged Smudge off here for a bastid charger / battery replacement.

    Premier Icon bigjim
    Subscriber

    My DX charger is a lot better than my Exposure one, which worked intermittently and is also, shock horror to the anti-chinese brigade, made in china. I took it apart and it is scary in there, the glue they stick the lid on with was all over the place and appears to be water based, going by the corrosion on the terminal pins. The lead wire was shorting at the cable exit, niiiiice. No sign of any kind of fuse either.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else had their magic DX light battery charger melt on them?’ is closed to new replies.