Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Anyone else had a crappy start to their Friday?
  • Pook

Various H&S formalities have resulted in me potentially having to go down London earlier than planned on Monday – ie: Sunday, therefore potentially cancelling my Dales ride on Sunday afternoon.

grrrr

Olly
    Free Member

networks down. forced to browse singletrack guilt free.

gutted

wombat

Just been in 2.5 hour conference call in which I said about 20 words.

Got some quality STW time in during it though 🙂

Edit: Had a sausage & egg buttie too 8)

uplink
    Free Member

oh, I just love the M1 on a Sunday Afternoon/Evening 😐

Goldigger
    Free Member

Yeah woke up and my back was killing me…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well, today's started just as crap as the preceeding 4 days

tracknicko
    Free Member

free coffee and cake at work (first friday of month)

good times 🙂

redx

Right hand crank bolt snapped (square taper) halfway to work. Couldn't get the remaining section out so unable to bolt crank-arm back on with spare bolt.

Cue riding the remaining six miles with only my left leg whilst using my right foot to kick the crank back on…

Fun and games……

haddock
    Free Member

cancelling my Dales ride on Sunday afternoon

what what what what what!!!!!

samuri
    Free Member

Sadly work related…..

Company said they would deliver 12 firewalls two weeks ago
    They eventually delivered 9 firewalls, 7 associated ADSL modules and 9 european power cables.
    Kicking administered, they then said they would deliver the remainder of the kit pronto. I come back from the smoke this morning to find a box on my desk, great. Open it up, 12 power cables, all the wrong kind.

So that means we need to buy cables from Maplins today and then I've got a long weekend configuring each device up and sending it out.

Pook

what what what what what!!!!!

don't worry, i've told them to swivel.

chakaping
    Free Member

Sometime around 1am I developed the same cough and fever as my wife was suffering yesterday.

Still feeling like sh*t warmed up and struggling to do basic tasks at about 10% normal speed.

The joys of being your own boss. No sick days.

haddock
    Free Member

Good, back to reminising about ships then.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

sat in the dark behind the screen listening to old men waffle on about being a successful vet.

on the plus side, a LOT of vets are rather pleasing to the eye

Pook

You chosen a route yet?

Dales weather says Sunday: sunny

oh – mr wright. Did we establish if you owe me a pint??

😀

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

was that from kraftwerk?

haddock
    Free Member

no, will be spending the evening with a map and a bottle of red though, just cant beat a nice night in!

toby1

Massive panic at work – short investigation, speak to the third party – it weren't me, blame suitably shifted and rightly!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

ah, nothing quite beats avoiding the pointy stick of blame

tinsy
    Free Member

mrmichaelwright are you a vet or a pet? 🙂

OK, so was up and ready quite early today, was about to load bike for this afternoons ride after work, and I remembered my nice shiny new rear mech, I thought OK 10 mins lets put the new mech on, well it wasn’t straight forward, as it’s a medium cage mech and a different type, 2 chain shortenings later and a 30 mins of faffing and it was done.Still wont go on smallest cog at the back though, more fettling. Late for work, forgot my sarnie and my security pass, and all my paperwork… Pants. However I got my bike & all my kit and its nearly time to knock off. 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Due to complete on house sale today..

It's not gonna happen.

Getting messed around by purchasers solicitor..

B*stids.

Not very happy.

mavisto
    Free Member

I have a crappy start to most days. It's called work!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

tinsy – neither. I am considering buying a pet so i have an excuse to visit said aesthetically pleasing practitioners

wombat

toby1 – Member
    Massive panic at work – short investigation, speak to the third party – it weren't me, blame suitably shifted and rightly!

Teflon Management(tm) ; Nothing sticks, I like it 8)

binners

I'm having a bloody great morning. Lost my wallet on last nights alcohol/fireworks/bikes combo. Its been handed in at the pub this morning, with everything still in it 🙂

Picked up a new client, possibly two, so far today.

And its nearly kebab and beer o clock. WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! Chilli sauce?

stumpy01

– Day flying by so far
    – It's Friday
    – Txt from girlfriend asking what I fancied for dinner
    – Toad-in-the-Hole for dinner
    – wine/beer/film this evening…..

Only fly in the ointment was coming downstairs this morning & catching the cat peeing up the wall in the hallway. Although even that didn't get me quite as mad as usual.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

day has just improved, i've now got crew passes AND paddock passes for the MPH show at Earls Court tonight.

BoardinBob

I've got a beast of a hangover which isn't much fun

Pigface
    Free Member

Just had some idiot pikey scumbag who is illegaly burning tyres threaten to do me in. . . . . . . . sigh. I dont get paid enough for this kind of crap.

MrGrim

Non-stop since I arrived in work and also on the way to work.

But….it's the weekend in three hours and 20 minutes. I was officially off-call after a two week stretch at 8am this morning. I'm spending tonight chilling out. 7am tomorrow I'm hitting the trails and for the remainder of the weekend I am catching up with friends and family. So not all bad then 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

MANFLU

nickc

Want to go running this evening, left knee is twinging slightly…Should I risk it?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i've warned you about running nick

elaineanne
    Free Member

put it down to be crappy weather !

Drac

Nope off today, stocked up on beer, wine and gin for the weekend. About to hop in shower and then off the station later to pick a buddy up before heading away for the weekend biking and beer. Hell of a drive though it's a good 15 miles.

toby1

Not so much teflon, it just really wasn't our fault – for once, still getting a shed load of bad press for it though 🙁

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else had a crappy start to their Friday?’ is closed to new replies.