Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Anyone else bed-bound and circling the plughole?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

I haven’t been properly ill for nearly 20 yrs (norovirus, horrible) but the last two days I’ve not been able to get out of bed. Temperature is normal, but Christ do I feel bad. So much snot being produced dehydration is a real risk! My head feels like a throbbing box of cotton wadding.

What the hell have I picked up? First symptoms on Sunday. I think Mrs Stoner had it in France last week, but of course she was just a little unwell for two days. Which is making me look like a whiney manflu sufferer! 😉

sharkbait
    Free Member

Probably a Chromebook virus 😉

I think Mrs Stoner had it in France last week

Wahey! ….. while the cats away…

[get well soon]

globalti
    Free Member

Sounds exactly like a cold. Treat it and it will be gone in a week or do nothing and it will be gone in seven days.

But paracetamol helps as well as hay fever tabs to dry up the eyes and nose.

franksinatra

Man flu. A serious condition. You will probably die.

Or monkey aids.

Stoner
    Free Member

I welcome death’s warm embrace.
    Mrs stoners bedside manner has moved from sweet-hearted tender care, to lip-curled disdain. I fully expect the next mug of lemsip to be thrown at me.

funkmasterp

Cat aids

The bad kind 😥

samunkim
    Free Member

https://www.cdc.gov/adenovirus/about/symptoms.html

Its going round, very long recovery – 22days or so

Enjoy

Richie_B

Mrs stoners bedside manner has moved from sweet-hearted tender care, to lip-curled disdain. I fully expect the next mug of lemsip to be thrown at me.

Its amazing how much viruses loose their strength when they cross the gender barrier

Stoner
    Free Member

22days!?!?
    That’s a whole armful!

RustySpanner

I’ve had something similar, I can’t quite put my finger on it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

#pray4Sasquatch

Healing vibes big man! 🙂

But, y’know, just in case this goes on for longer than expected…the key’s in the same place isn’t it?

Stoner
    Free Member

The keys are on a chain round my neck. You’ll have to dig up my corpse for them.

legend
    Free Member

Stoner – Member

Poison isn’t kicking in as quickly as she expected then

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*fetches 2 shovels for veterinary and me*

swanny853

There’s something nastier than your average cold doing the rounds here at the moment- I got off pretty lightly with a week of merry-go-round hot/cold, sneezing/coughing, temperature/shivering, headache/aches, blocked up/streaming symptoms alternating on about a one hour cycle but others have had worse. One guy at work was feverish for quite a few days.

One thing at least 4 or 5 people (including me) seem to have had is a relapse after feeling ‘nearly clear’ for a couple of days so keep an eye on it even when you’re feeling better. Two and a half weeks on and I think I’ve nearly finished coughing stuff up.

Stoner
    Free Member

lovely.

Onzadog
    Free Member

20 yrs of norvirus? I’d have lost the will to live along with most of my insides if that were me.

darrell
    Free Member

on my 4th week now

am totally and utterly worn out

my lungs have just about given up

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve had something similar, I can’t quite put my finger on it.

Oooft!……. a bit of a low blow saying that to Stoner, digitally challenged as he is. 🙂

RustySpanner

Rubber_Buccaneer

Stoner – Member

Can I have your bikes shed load of on-one gas pipe 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

‘s probably eels

[video]https://youtu.be/0AckvdGbk4w[/video]

midlifecrashes

Fourth week for me too, January has been a complete washout, but aside from some lingering back pain from pulling muscles coughing, it’s all over bar a tickly throat. Dread to think how much paracetamol I’ve necked though.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Yep, 3 weeks for me so far and still have a bit of a cough. First few days were awful with a thumping head and feeling well out of sorts. Can’t quite seem to shake it off but don’t want to get back on the bike and make it worse again until it fully clears up.

samunkim
    Free Member

Possibly a bit late but

Free vaccination for US army recruits

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenovirus_vaccine

Moses

You’ve got Malvern malaria. It lasted most of lst week for me, & I’m still feak and weeble.
    Get well soon, and send me the keys to your van.

jam-bo

people say that every winter.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Stoner – you’ll be rite’ in no time.

I’ve had Labrynthitis for 3 weeks.

The whole room was spinning and nausea.

(Learning to) Walking again and hope to ride in 2 weeks.

Probably lost my fitness after a month in bed and I was riding 50 milers 🙁

Imagine being totally drunk, hangover without alcohol – not very fair at all.

Then after reading posts of fit active people dying of cancer, reminds you not to waste time again especially on forums… off to reorganise my study.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Yep. My girlfriend had it proper nasty – 2 weeks in bed sweating and shivering followed by chest infection. She’s gone back to work today.

I’ve had a head cold (lost my voice last week) followed by three days of headachey-constantly-tired-man-flu.

hammerite
    Free Member

I’ve been near death too. Woke up Saturday slightly hungover but wheezing (asthmatic). Sunday it was wheezing and a cough, feeling progressively more rough as the day went on. Monday I could barely move, felt like someone had walloped all my joints with a hammer, I didn’t get out of bed all day. Since then I’ve been drifting in and out of consciousness (falling asleep!) but slowly feeling better.

Thinking of going back to work tomorrow. It’ll be a mess after having had cover for the last 3 days. Advantage is I have all next week off (supposed to be skiing).
    The charity outdoor swim at 11pm on Friday night might not be a good idea though.

hammerite
    Free Member

and an apt time to introduce my favourite local too…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aet3G3Giu-A[/video]

swanny853

people say that every winter.

S’true, but I can only report what I’ve seen. It’s pretty rare we have people out of the office here- we’re generally a pretty healthy bunch. We’ve had quite a few out since Christmas and a couple of others who probably would have been out had they not timed their illness over a weekend.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve seen him. He did indeed look a priest’s blessing away from a trip to the Pearly Gates. 😐 However, he wasn’t sick enough not to make an effort in a fetching light blue dressing gown. Thought my luck was in until I saw Mrs Stoner passing in the background.

And yes, she did pass a withering look his way as he coughed and spluttered. 😆

I would suggest a candlelight vigil this evening followed by a balloon release in the morning.

greentricky
    Free Member

Also had what ever is doing the rounds and am on week two, which is just annoying cough and feeling utterly drained and falling asleep by mid afternoon. Last week was horrible though, cough, breathless and fever, was changing sheets daily as was waking up soaked

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Manthrax.

Here’s the prescription

HTH.

MrPottatoHead

I’m on week 3 of my cold. Thought I had it beaten after the first week so went for a run, and it hit me again twice as hard. Never been this full of gunk!

burko73

I’ve been on/ off ill since Xmas. Better since 1st Feb but all Jan bar a few in between days proper I’ll. bad cold which developed into throat infection which was so bad I couldn’t eat and sleep. 2 lots of antibiotics later and I’m better. Lost 6kg though which to be honest wasn’t such a bad thing.

It’s been carnage here with me on/ off I’ll, wife with a bad cold or two and a 3 yr old that keeps coming back from nursery with a different cold and has now moved onto an ear infection. It’s never ending!

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Day six of the plague. I have it. Wife has it
    . Newborn too. Four year old is probably patient zero and gives zero ****.

*Tired worn out feeling
    *30 mins on the phone today wore me out
    *Standing up gives me shortness.of breath
    *Lost my voice for the first time ever in my life
    *Coughed up amazing amounts of gunk.despite it not really being on my chest yet.
    *Edit; and sore throat , not quite tonsillitis levels yet but I have high hopes
    *2-3 nights of fever

It’s the flu 100%.

NZCol

Week 3 here. Like many have been on/off rough since before Xmas but came to nothing. 2 Fridays back had a sore throats and felt odd, hr sky high. Declined Sat and was in Bed Sun Pm. Got up again on the Thursday-I can’t remember ever doing that-massive fever and chest , hacking cough and broken-tired. Gradual improvement until last Sat when I drowned it in whisky and now feel brilliant. Rest of family now have it or a variant thereof.

igm

Take some picolax.
    It won’t sort it but the cold won’t seem so bad.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else bed-bound and circling the plughole?’ is closed to new replies.