Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone drilled there frame for a stealth reverb?
  • hexhamstu
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2012 Transition Covert and fancy drilling it for a stealth reverb, anyone done this?

robarnold
    Free Member

Yep, on my Trek Rumblefish. Drilled the seat tube about 4cm above the junction with the downtube.

Used a right angled drill because of the awkwardness of the location, the hole is about 8mm diameter to fit a grommet I had in there to run the hose through the middle.

Works a treat

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Video of installing a stealth here[/url] on RM.
    Holes all ready in this one but might give you an idea on were to have them.

iolo
    Free Member

Good luck with the warranty. Even if it cracks at bottom bracket or headtube.

coopersport1
    Free Member

Considering another new Reverb Stealth has failed on me after 2 rides I wouldn’t bother! Pain in the tits to get at the pressure cap and a pain to bleed as you have to release all the hose ties/clamps

hexhamstu
    Free Member

its second hand and the warranty is for the initial purchaser only, so doesnt really apply. They do a crash replacement scheme for any owner. You think they’d care about a hole in the seat tube for that?

l0key
    Free Member

You’ve compromised it’s structural integrity, it’s not different from hack sawing nearly through the chainstays then riding it, and it snapping on you to get a replacement frame under crash replacement.

I’d expect you to be told to jog on, as you’d no longer have a bike to ride off on.

but hopefully that will never happen and you’ll have many years enjoyment out of it.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

You’ve compromised it’s structural integrity, it’s not different from hack sawing nearly through the chainstays then riding it, and it snapping on you to get a replacement frame under crash replacement.

I’d expect you to be told to jog on, as you’d no longer have a bike to ride off on.

but hopefully that will never happen and you’ll have many years enjoyment out of it.

It’s not the same though is it, stop being facetious.

jekkyl

*their

duir
    Free Member

Unless it’s a Nicolai. My pal has a Nicolai without stealth routing. He contacted Nicolai and asked if it was ok to drill the frame for a reverb stealth. They said yes no problem and advised him exactly where to drill!

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Can’t believe I used ‘there’ instead of ‘their’. I’m sorry everyone I have let you down.

I didn’t think there would be much point emailing transition, but maybe I was wrong.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

HI Stuart,

It is very likely that drilling a hole for a Reverb will not cause any future issues, however if something did arise from doing this I can’t promise that it could be covered under warranty. But as always, we would do our best to help you out.

Cheers!

LARS STERNBERG | Transition Bikes | 360.820.8137 | http://www.transitionbikes.com

Mugboo

Sounds very promising 🙂

Northwind

That’s a pretty fair response- if it cracks where you’ve drilled it, you should expect to be told to jog on but if it suffers an unrelated failure and they use it as an excuse to reject the claim, atomic pitchfork time

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone drilled there frame for a stealth reverb?’ is closed to new replies.