Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone done the Trans Madeira?
  • dirkpitt74

Been watching Matt/Jono Jones vlogs from the Trans Madeira – it looks epic!

Anyone on here done it?

Will add it to my bucket list but fear that I’m on the wrong side of 40 lol

campfreddie
    Free Member

Not done it, but regularly ride all the trails that they have been using. I can promise you that it is 1000% more epic than the videos suggest.

Nothing wrong with being the wrong side of 40. I am 43 and only returned to downhill/enduro style riding last year while out in Madeira for the winter (perhaps the ultimate baptism of fire).

Having been firmly bitten by the Hugo, I was back out this winter and have only recently returned from 5 months out there (December through to May) where I was out on the trails up to three times a week. Certainly a steep learning curve and I will be heading back out at the end of the year with a few mods for my Canyon Strive (which I keep out there) including 200m rotor for the back and a new air shaft to bump the fork up to 180mm. You can never have enough travel or braking out there.

Absolutely 100% do it!

kayak23

Yeah I agree it looks fantastic riding out there. What a place.

Loving the Jono Jones coverage at the moment.

Tim
    Free Member

Looks ace. I’ve enquired but I think it’s ~£1500 so unlikely!

dirkpitt74

Tim

Looks ace. I’ve enquired but I think it’s ~£1500 so unlikely!

Not cheap but does look epic.
    Think I’d need to massively work on my fitness too.
    Might aim for 2024 to give me a chance lol

orena45

A mate of mine (40+) did it last year and loved it so much, he did it again this year. Absolutely raves about it…. it’s not easy and the massive hike a bike over a mountain on day 3 (I think) is a killer but the stages more than make up for it apparently!

I would love to do it…maybe next year!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone done the Trans Madeira?’ is closed to new replies.