Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone done the Mondraker Gravity Enduro? Talk me through it please.
  • tymbian
    Free Member

I’m thinking about entering the Mondraker gravity enduro rally 2014 ( if there are any places left ) with my son… what’s it like and are there different categories ie. U21/ Fat n forty…etc

jam-bo

Is this the exmoor one? Lots of mates have and rate it. Was some good headcam stuff on here after the event last year.

tymbian
    Free Member

Yes, the Exmoor one.

lbjones
    Free Member

Did it last year, was good fun. Stages werent too technical, more straight and fast and a couple very rocky/bumpy. Certainly nothing really difficult to get through.

Bit of a balls up on the timing which was really irritating but was a good weekend. Only thinkg that was a bit annoying was the enormous loop on Sunday that didnt include as many stages as expected, although thats prob me being a bit picky to be honest, but I was absolutely ruined after the day. Did suffer with a huge queue at the start of stage 1 on Sun which was a bit of pain in the 163degC heat but once off and running it as good fun.

Dont think theres different categories as such, everyone just kind of cracks on.

Hope this helps,

Oh, brilliant atmosphere, everyone’s really friendly,

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I went last year and had a LOT of fun, I just went down from london on my own and ended up tagging along with a few lads. That is the great thing with enduro’s theres plenty of time to chat to people when you are faffing about waiting to start a stage or going uphill.

Was perfect weather so that probably made it even better, the stages were great in my opinion! Good mix with a few with some up hill sections in of course.

Yeah total balls up on the timing so nobody knew who won and it was the same the year before apparently so if you are going to race I wouldn’t hope for much.

Would definitely rate it non the less!

tymbian
    Free Member

Apparently the organisers have invested in new timing gear… the best in the world right now…

scottfitz
    Free Member

Apparently the organisers have invested in new timing gear… the best in the world right now…

Yep they used them for the COD endure races they held.

P.S

There are 2 enduro rally this year: https://www.rootsandrain.com/organiser114/shred/

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Don’t forget the raffle 🙂
    We gave away almost £4k worth of prizes last year (including a Mondraker Dune frame) purely on a raffle basis for all racers.
    Oh and there’s an Exmoor Ale bar 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone done the Mondraker Gravity Enduro? Talk me through it please.’ is closed to new replies.