Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone done GoPro trade up offer
  • akira

GoPro currently have a £100 off Hero 8 black plus the trade up offer. I’ve got an original Hero that I could use, although I can’t remember the original RRP so not sure it qualifies, but anyone used the offer?

timwillows
    Free Member

Don’t bother!
    The H8 is currently on offer at £100 off RRP, so £279 BUT if you use the trade up offer you get your money off of the full price, £379. IE you get all the hassle of the trade-up, delays and loss of an old camera, for nothing!

If buying off the GP site sign up for GP plus first, then remember to buy spare batteries WITH the camera – seems the only way they will post them to you

RickDraper
    Free Member

Yes I did it when the HD8 came out, was fine.

akira

Yeah I wasn’t sure exactly how it worked and even if you click through to buy from the trade up offer it gives you the reduced price, was hoping that meant it took more money off.

bear-uk
    Free Member

I did it a while back with a broken camera off Ebay for a fiver. So I realy got a £95 discount.

akira

Yeah does seem like it’s £280 for a hero 8 black or if you trade up it’s £380 minus the £100 for the trade up so……£280. surely they should just stop doing the trade up until they put the cameras back up to full price

breadcrumb

I doubled checked with the online chat about a camera I have laying about. The guy said yes it would be fine but I’ll just send you a discount code instead if you like, I think the code was for £95.

akira

So was that £95 off the full retail price of £380 or off the reduced price of £280. Think I know the answer but I living in hope.

breadcrumb

Off the full retail, it’s when they were first coming out.

Worth a chat with someone though.

alpin
    Free Member

I thought about doing this when they had the same deal with the 7.

Since I’ve already got one, my computer is too weak to edit video and my storage is full of clips I didn’t bother.

turboferret

I did it a while back with a broken camera off Ebay for a fiver. So I realy got a £95 discount.

I did exactly the same when the 8 first came out, actually it was a few months before it was released 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone done GoPro trade up offer’ is closed to new replies.